Sony 50 disc DVD spindles $19.99 at Best Buy

These deals are for the 12 thru the 18th. The price can be seen on the online version of the weekly circular here

Likewise, Staples is having the same sale. $10 for a pack of 25 -R or +R, so the per-disc price is the same. May be of interest for those people who live closer to a Staples than to a BB. Prices effective for the week of Dec. 12-18.

Hey code…
Just an F.Y.I. Check post #30 in yesterdays Bargain forum. One of our fellow members said they spoke with Staples and was told that this sale is for 4X not 8X. Also I don’t know where the Sony 50pk from BB came from. A friend of mine works there. Last Wed. or Thurs. he informed me that the Fuji 8X + or - R’s (both) are on sale starting Sun. 12-12 for the week. This is for a 25 disk tub for $8.99 straight up. No rebates. I know the +R’s are YUDEN000T02 if you get the tubs with the grey bottom. Maybe my buddy overlooked the Sony deal but they usually only run one brand a week for a special. Maybe it’s a Christmas deal if indeed it’s for real.

Mark

Sportfish, that page I posted links off the Best Buy website. All you have to do is click on “weekly ad” on the BB main site.

BTW CompUSA is having the same sale as BB on the Sony media: http://www.compusa.com/adproducts/products.asp?No=20&N=500458+200063

Hey Two…
Thanks for the info. I’ll find out tomorrow when I knock on their door at opening. I’m for sure getting in on the Fuji’s. I already have a fair amount of the Sony’s.
Mark

What media code are these SONY 4X DVD+R discs on sale at BestBuy? Thanks.

have bought a boatload of sony 4x +r’s. they have always been ricoh01. haven’t bought any lately tho, i’ve been sticking with the fuji ty’s, so i don’t know if media id has changed.

the ones I got at staples were

Disc Type DVD+R
Book Type DVD+R
Manufacturer Ricoh Company Limited
Media ID RICOHJPNR01
Protection System None
Region 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
Capacity 4.38 GB
Free Size 4.38 GB
Free Blocks 2295104
Number of Layers 1
Linear Density 0.267 um/bit
Track Density 0.74 um/track
Maximum Read Speed 3.2x
Maximum Write Speed 4.0x
Current Write Speed 4.0x CLV
Write Speed Performance Descriptor 1 4.0x CLV

And

Disc Type DVD-R
Book Type DVD-R
Manufacturer Sony Corporation
Media ID SONY08D1
Protection System None
Region 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
Capacity 4.38 GB
Free Size 4.38 GB
Free Blocks 2297888
Number of Layers 1
Maximum Read Speed 3.2x
Maximum Write Speed 8.0x
Current Write Speed 8.0x CLV
Write Speed Performance Descriptor 1 8.0x CLV
Write Speed Performance Descriptor 2 6.0x CLV
Write Speed Performance Descriptor 3 4.0x CLV

Bruce

SONY08D1’s better than RICOHJPNR01 from my experiences, but wonderfully, they cost the same. It’s strange a bit though because SONY08D1’s rated at 8x, not 4x while RICOHJPNR01 is 4x DVD+R.

Is this what u got from Sony 4x dvd-r?

My buddy just called me from Best Buy and hes going to try and get me a Sony 50 pk of 8X -R media for the $19.99 sale price. He says they have “Made in Japan” on the label. Are these SONY08D1 or are they TY T02 media?

Thanks

Sony -R 8x Made in Japan is Sony08D1.
TY T02 is +R 8x rated.

Both of the sony’s tubs i got had gray(thin) base’s and say Made in Taiwan
I will burn one of each some time today and post the graft.
Bruce

FastassEG yes it is what i got
Bruce

O.K. I know this is the wrong forum for this but for those interrested in tht sony08d

Disc Type DVD-R
Book Type DVD-R
Manufacturer Sony Corporation
Media ID SONY08D1
Protection System None
Region 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
Capacity 3.91 GB
Free Size 0.00 GB
Free Blocks 0
Number of Layers 1
Maximum Read Speed 7.5x
Maximum Write Speed 8.0x
Current Write Speed 8.0x CLV
Write Speed Performance Descriptor 1 8.0x CLV
Write Speed Performance Descriptor 2 6.0x CLV
Write Speed Performance Descriptor 3 4.0x CLV

O sorry it was bruned on a NEC 3500 at 16X
Bruce

All of the Best Buy stores near me only had 4X Sony +Rs.

CompUSA had 8X Sony +Rs, though. The 50 pk rang up for $39.99, but they pricematched the Best Buy price (and beat it by a dollar) and I got them for $18.99 each.

The 8X +Rs are most likely Sony D11 if “Made in Taiwan” and TY T02 if “Made in Japan”.

I went to BestBuy this morning and bought (2)Spindles of 50 of these Sony DVD-R discs (SONY08D1). Haven’t burned anything yet, but I’m going to burn one of them right now.

So is the sony08d1 made in japan or taiwan. I will be buying some tomorrow and want to make sure I get the right ones.