Sony 40x made by DADC

vbimport

I found this site (http://www.pcfynd.se/scripts/news.asp?ID=2815719") that sells Sony 40x cds manufactured by DADC (Austria) (http://www.sonydadc.com/). They claim that 8 of 10 customers manage to overburn it to 99 min. I am wondering if anyone knows anything about these cds. Are they any good, do they have long lifetime? I have used Kodak, Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden discs before, but I can’t find those discs at an affordable price any longer.

Does anyone know if this is the same Sony 40x that is tested in the cd media test thread? http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57462

Sony discs “made in Austria” ,made by “KDG Mediatech AG” .

Same DATA -Ritek know how- discs are better than others Sony’s. Able burn 32x rated @ 40x without errors . That’s great for Sony’s strange in burn behavior CDRs -If find disc i’ll post ATIP…but unfortunatelly I have read are temporary production cause Sony’s France Media factory (for European distribution) makes face-lift in production line this moment…

Originally posted by kallek
They claim that 8 of 10 customers manage to overburn it to 99 min.
Kalle,

all I know is that you should be very skeptical regarding the following statement >
“8 av 10 kan överbränna dessa till 99 min”

ROTFL ! How come ?! The 80’ CDR max known to me capacity is about 84 min.
So, those 8 of the 10 regular customers must have been magicians to add those extra 15-18 min on their CDRS. :rolleyes: :bigsmile:

Anyway, you’d rather contact PCFynd ad ask them to provide you with the CDRs’ ATIP. :wink:

I am also quite skeptical to that statement but I don’t think I will burn it over 80 min anyway. I just want a good reliable cd that has a long lifetime. I will try to call them and get the ATIP, but I don’t think it will be easy. Pcfynd is one of those websites that doesn’t have much of a customer service to be able to sell things cheap. My impression is that most stores don’t know what ATIP is anyway. I might have better luck calling Sony directly :slight_smile:

My impression is that most stores don’t know what ATIP is anyway.

Yeah, that’s true !
The majority of the sellers sincerely believe that the CDRs they sell are made by HP, Plextor, Sony, Phillips, Maxell etc. LOL !
They don’t even have a slightest clue about those actually manufactered by Taiyo Yuden and Ritek.

Here’s just one example > Tillverkare ( Manufacturer ) : MMore
Although the real one is :

ATIP: 97m 17s 06f
Disc Manufacturer: Moser Baer India Ltd.
Reflective layer: Dye (Short strategy; e.g. Phthalocyanine)
Media type: CD-Recordable
Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
nominal Capacity: 702.83MB (79m 59s 74f / LBA: 359849)

Try MMore CD-R 48X 80min 700MB 25-pack for 109 kr @ www.mycom.se

Or Traxdata ( Ritek ) CD-R 40X 80min 700MB 25-pack for 118 kr

Lycka till ! :smiley:

Thanks for the reply but isn’t Mmore and Ritek supposed to be pretty crappy? I found 50-pack Verbatim DataLifePlus 48x for 311 kr at Dustin.se. That seems like a good price. I have heard that DataLifePlus is the best you can get along with Taiyo Yuden. I also found Plextor 48x for about the same price at Inwarehouse.se, and I think I have read that they are Taiyo Yuden. The only downside is that you have to pay the shipping cost of 95 kr+. Anyone know of a store that sells these cd’s at a similar price that isn’t an online store? I am not too fond of buying things online in general because I always seem to get stuff that are broken. By the way, I live in the Stockholm area.

Kalle

isn’t Mmore and Ritek supposed to be pretty crappy?

I also found Plextor 48x for about the same price at Inwarehouse.se, and I think I have read that they are Taiyo Yuden.

By the way, I live in the Stockholm area.

No, they aren’t crappy.

The Plextors @Inwarehouse are TY.

I’ll let you know if I run into something worthy.

I found these Verbatim 50-p 48x Crystal for 300 kr at Webhallen. http://www.webhallen.se/page.php?_id=13490&

I have had great results with Verbatim 40x Crystal Azo DataLifePlus so I think I am going to buy these. My burner is a Plextor 40x. I have heard that some burners have problem with the Crystal Azo discs, but mine seems to handle the just fine.