Sony 18X External DVD burner for $40 AR @ Bestbuy.com

Sony DRX-830U 18X External DVD Drive for $69.99 with free shipping, and there is a $30 Rebate From Sony for this drive, making it $40 after rebate

It is a Samsung Drive enclosed in the case, very classy looking external case under Sony Brand

Currently it is backordered from the website, but you can choose in store pickup and it is still available for in store pickup. The description on the drive is wrong, it is really the 18X drive.

Link to the drive

Link to the Rebate

According to this, purchases from Best Buy are not eligible.

Sony drive must be purchased from a Sony dealer listed below. Store name must be clearly printed on receipt. If product is purchased from a store that is not listed below, claim will not be honored. Eligible dealers: ABT Electronics, Amazon, American TV, Bailios, B&H Photo and Video, BrandsMart USA, Circuit City, CompUSA, Datavision, Fry’s Electronics, Good Guys, J&R Computer World, Micro Center, My Sony, Nebraska Furniture, Outpost.com, Pearl Harbor Navy Exchange, Pure Digital Inc., Quill, RCS, RC Willey, Shirokiya Inc., Sony Style, Staples, State Street, Ulitmate Electronics, US Military Installations, Vann’s Inc. or Video Life.

My order is ready for pickup. I am gonna use the receipt for price match to circuit city, they have the drive for $129.99, PM will knock out $6, and still qualify for the rebate.

excellent move

I do not think it is Samsung drive that used, instead it probably is Lite-On Drive since all Sony drive were made with Lite-On OEM drive even in Japan for internal domestic use

it is a samsung, been confirmed