SONY 1.3 gigs Double Density CD-R's

latest sanyo dvd writer DD0203 does the same…

http://www.optorite.com/dd0203.htm

I am waiting for sanyo reply to add the feature in copytodvd.

we have also a sony DD, but not enought media to do it.

when you start nero…choose new compilation…in this window ,left upper corner, you can choose…
-cd
-dvd
-ddcd
-hdburn

Is there any website from where i can order sanyo dvd writer DD0203 or Sony CRX200E double density Drive. I was unable to find it.

http://www.mcgail.com/

but out of stock…

is it out of stock because its not released yet or it is already released?

I don’t know … but I received yesterday a report from a customer, and he didn’t reply me about where he bought it.

If he replies please do let me know from where did he buy it.
Thanx

I can’t promise to remind to post the information.
if you live in USA, I suggest to contact one of this distributer.

http://www.optorite.com/asi.htm

Can this optorite DD0203 write on sony double density 1.3gb media?

no according optirite, it burns on “normal media” no need of special media for 1.2 Gb

http://www.digital-sanyo.com/BURN-Proof/HD-BURN/index.html

Completely different from the Sony format. I assume that still has full error correction.

The Sanyo format is I believe only intended for (S)VCD, etc. and not data backup.

Originally posted by tycoon
I want to buy the Sony CRX200E Double Density drive but i cant find it anywhere. Is there any website from where i can order it?

I have a Sony CRX200E double density CD-RW drive that I am looking to sell. It is in great condition and has served me reliably for about a year. I will include everything that came in the package when I originally purchased it, including drive, IDE cable, mounting screws, manual, 1 double density CD-R disc (which has never been used and is still sealed in original packing), and 1 double density CD-RW disc.

I am selling because I want to get a DVD burner (which has CD burning capabilities). So, let me know if you’re still interested in one of these drives.

Thanks,
daufoi

P.S. As I understand it (but don’t quote me on this), only Sony doube density drives can write to double density discs; I think because it’s Sony’s propietary technology.

Originally posted by daufoi
[B]I have a Sony CRX200E double density CD-RW drive that I am looking to sell. It is in great condition and has served me reliably for about a year. I will include everything that came in the package when I originally purchased it, including drive, IDE cable, mounting screws, manual, 1 double density CD-R disc (which has never been used and is still sealed in original packing), and 1 double density CD-RW disc.

I am selling because I want to get a DVD burner (which has CD burning capabilities). So, let me know if you’re still interested in one of these drives.

Thanks,
daufoi

P.S. As I understand it (but don’t quote me on this), only Sony doube density drives can write to double density discs; I think because it’s Sony’s propietary technology. [/B]

I am sorry but its too late now. I have already purchased optorite dual DVD Writer with HD-Burn feature that serves now better than Sony DDR CD.

[QUOTE=daufoi;496822]I have a Sony CRX200E double density CD-RW drive that I am looking to sell. It is in great condition and has served me reliably for about a year. I will include everything that came in the package when I originally purchased it, including drive, IDE cable, mounting screws, manual, 1 double density CD-R disc (which has never been used and is still sealed in original packing), and 1 double density CD-RW disc.

Thanks,
daufoi

P.S. As I understand it (but don’t quote me on this), only Sony doube density drives can write to double density discs; I think because it’s Sony’s propietary technology.[/QUOTE]

WOOHOO!!! Talk about finding this thread sooper late - by about seven years!!!:cool::clap::clap:

i know it is pointless to ask, but i will do it anyway - do you still have the drive? i couldnt care less about the ddcds that came with it, although those would be nice too. if by any slim chance that my hopes are not in vain, I am more than willing to buy it from you. I have a habit of buying old things way late; I bought a Dreamcast this May - exactly ten years after it was made (May 2000):cool: :bigsmile:

Also, does anybody know if the DDCD is close enough to the GD-ROM density for the Dreamcast to read them?

If anybody on this thread is still on MyCE, please reply!

All Hail the Mighty Dreamcast!!!:bow::bow::bow::bow:

Very Intersting :slight_smile: