SONY 1.3 gigs Double Density CD-R's

Can anyone help me in this???

I recently bout a 5 pack of sony 1.3 gigs cds and when i got home i realized that not all burners will read them only a special release from sony but i was wondering if theres any way to make my burner or any other burner be able to burn them

i have a lite-on 48x firmware 48125w (flashed it myself from a 40x hehe :smiley: )

thnx to any help

Here, these funny discs are as expensive as DVD-R. rotfl!

No, you can’t burn them in a LiteOn. You have wasted money.

Dammit i know i got 5 for 9 bucks and i heard that i was able in some way but i never believed that guy i just have to wait for more replys to totally convince myself hehe

No, you can’t use them

Sony has a special drive for it.

I am wondering if the dru500 dvd burner can burn them.

my friend bought one of those to test with his ltr40125W, didn’t work
didn’t work in my ltr40125s either
sorry isamu

aaahhh damn hahahah its was a pretty good idea because that way i could rip dvd’s with perfect quality heheh but oh well, THNX ALOT GUYS i’ll be arround hehe

there, you can always try to get one from Japan…

I saw the drives in Germany also

I guess nobody told Sony about DVD untill it was too late and they had already created another useless hardware format that nobody will buy. I hope they make a lot of money off TV’s, they’re gonna need it. :smiley:

hahaha true… now im totally convinced about this piece of crap hhaha thnx:p

you, my friend, have wasted your money. sony is notorious for their proprietary crap. and add to the fact that a double density CD-R costs more than 2 regular blanks. what’s the point?

Originally posted by rdgrimes
I guess nobody told Sony about DVD untill it was too late and they had already created another useless hardware format that nobody will buy. I hope they make a lot of money off TV’s, they’re gonna need it. :smiley:

sony will make alot more money with the PS2.

PS2:bow:
Xbox:Z

I don’t know on this one… Sounds like a good idea for
data backups…I’d much rather pay $150 for a DD-CD drive
then have to pay $300 to $400 for a dvd+rw drive.

Plus, if only dvd players supported it, it sure would make
it easier to fit my 130min movies onto one cd-rw with good
quility. To bad it’s not that way…

Sypher_Xx

betamax all over again… You think they would have learned by now that people only buy STANDARDS?

Originally posted by compu44
betamax all over again… You think they would have learned by now that people only buy STANDARDS?

It’s rather difficult to predict what standards will prevail in the end. Sony DD-CD looked very good 20 months ago to some people including myself. Also, Calimetrics ML.

In Tokyo, business is war and the one who wins the standard war wins the business. Sony lost some major battles but they won often enough to pay all the past and future R&D. LG and Samsung also invest billions of Won into each of various technologies, products, and standards. Some succeed, some others fail. The biggest failure for LG was DRAM (LG was ahead of Samsung in RDRAM at first) and the biggest success was LCD (there have been also various competing next-generation display technolgies). It’s been the same with Intel, Microsoft, Philips, Toshiba, and many other big hi-tech companies.

Sony was behind of not only 1.3GB DD-CD and Betamax but also DVD-Video, Blu-ray, Memory Stick, VHS, CD, CD-R, MO, MiniDisc, MP3 CDP, DVD+R, DVD-R, HDTV, PlayStation, and hundreds of other things. Much safer that way especially when they are better than most other competitors at almost everything. To win a war, it is good strategies and knowledge of yourself and competitors that count most. Something big companies such as IBM, Xerox, and GM lacked seriously in the recent decades.

I did a bigger mistake than isamu. I bought 50 packs of double density cdr but when i tried it with my hp cd writer 24ri it did not even detect it otherwise i could overburn. If i buy a dvd writer will they work with it?
Thanx.

If i buy a dvd writer will they work with it?

doubtfull :frowning:

I want to buy the Sony CRX200E Double Density drive but i cant find it anywhere. Is there any website from where i can order it?

can some one confirm this;

since having a dru500 dvd writer, NERO shows the option to burn dd-cd.
Was this option there before or can the dru burn dd-cd??

Damian

Originally posted by damiandimitri
[B]can some one confirm this;

since having a dru500 dvd writer, NERO shows the option to burn dd-cd.
Was this option there before or can the dru burn dd-cd??

Damian [/B]

Where in nero? InfoTool?