Sonic recordnow max 7.21

i have installed recordnow max v7.21 and i have a dual layer disk which wont seem to write… every time i try to write i get a sense error - has anyone had ( and remedied) this problem.

thanks

M.

i get a sense error
What sense error is it? (what code?)

sense error is …

Sense: 00 ASC: 00 ASCQ: 00 (Command 00)

it wont burn to a ritek dye dual layer disk, i have investigated further and believe the problem to be a firmware issue as i have original firmware still.
will try that first, thanks for response…

M.

i have also tried updating the firmware to no avail, i am not sure on what is wrong. i have d/l the fw 3.26 and the 2510 2f8. i have an nec 2510a and i assume this fw is compatible however on both occassions i get the response ‘target nec nd 2510 not found correctly’ all i want to do is burn to a dual layer disk :frowning:

Ok this sense key is a painful one, as basically what it is saying is theres likely an ASPI problem, but nothing more specific. Is RN using its own ASPI layer? You may want to try using windows layer. (if possible) Also make sure DMA is enabled. Last resort try downloading the Nero trial and see if that works better. As soon as Veritas Record Now was bought by sonic I too had nothing but problems so I converted to Nero. Did Sonic come bundled with that burner? Can you maybe post the whole error log, for a full inspection. It could just be a medium problem but you’d get :30/00 - Incompatible medium installed. Or : 31/00 - Medium format corrupted.

Hi, this is the latest error message i got when trying to burn…

Sense: 05 ASC: 30 ASCQ: 05 (Command 2A)

Px.dll: 1.8.34.500
pxdrv.dll: 1.1.9.0
PxMas.dll: 1.8.34.500
PxWave.dll: 1.8.34.500
PXWMA.dll: 1.0.0.3

Good news, now we have some data to work with. ASC 30: Incompatible medium installed/Cannot read Medium - Unknown Format/ Cannot read Medium - Incompatible Format. ASCQ 05: L-EC Uncorrectable error. Pretty self explanitory, you need to find out what Dual Layer media is 100% compatible with your writer. What your using now your writer is hating.

ok, at least i now know why - thanks very much for the help :slight_smile:

Hey pollushon

Hi can you yell me where to find the error codes?
Thanks

You can find them here:http://www.danbbs.dk/~dino/SCSI/SCSI2-D.html These are the international standard, and the best guide I’ve found so far. Have a scroll through the pages, tons of useful info.

pollushon
thank you, it is just what i was looking for the site is great,perhaps it should be added to some FAQ’s at the start of some topics
Bruce

I’m using sony disk and dynex from bestbuy, I’m only having issues with audio cd’s

Dvd’s are fine, I’m using Record now 8

Sense: 05 ASC: 30 ASCQ: 02 (Command 52)

Px.dll: 3.4.46.500
PxAFS.DLL: 3.4.46.500
pxdrv.dll: 1.2.1.0
PxMas.dll: 3.4.46.500
PxSFS.DLL: 3.4.46.500
PxWave.dll: 3.4.46.500
pxwma.dll: 1.0.0.3

The only solution is to not using such crap DL media.