Sonic MyDVD 5 performance problems

vbimport

After reading the discussions on DVD writers and associated packages I thought I should bring up a related problem. I have a Sony DRU-510A DVD writer and MyDVD 4.5 that came with it. MyDVD worked but sometimes created corrupted films. Result is either the DVD player can not play it or the DVD-R is wasted. The company offered a free upgrade to version 5.2.0. Now MyDVD performance has become a disaster. It takes 5 hours runtime to create the DVD folders of a 40-minute video on hard disk with no DVD writing involved. I can do the same thing with another package in 30 minutes. What is the problem, I can not say. My configuration is summarised below. I have written to the company, but no answers. Is there any one else who has had similar problems? Thanks for help.
Windows XP Home SP 1 (build 2600), 2.40 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4, ASUSTeK Computer INC. P4S8X-X REV 1.xx, 133 megahertz, Award Software, Inc. ASUS P4S8X-X ACPI, 512 MB memory, Primary IDE master Maxtor 6Y080L0 HDD, slave Maxtor 6Y160L0, Secondary IDE master SONY DVD RW DRU-510A DVD/CD-Writer, slave PLEXTOR CD-R PX-W4012A, NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X.