Sonic DVD-R @shop4tech Must001?

anyone ever heard of this code?? i ordered from www.stop4tech.com and got the Sonic 1-2x DVD-R bulk 50pk (white matte). i check on the inner ring… it says “DVD-R 4x FC-001”. checked dvdinfopro and nero, says its MUST001. gonna try and burn a couple DVDs and will post results. it will probably burn at 2x since i’m still using stock firmware

Media Information                            
Region information                                    N/A not a DVD-VIDEO
Media code/Manufacturer ID                                       MUST 001
Format Capacity                                             Not Formatted
Free Blocks                                                     411107328
Free Capacity                                              4.38GB(4.71GB)
Book Type                                                           DVD-R
Media Type                                                          DVD-R
Media Id Code Speed                                               Unknown
Available Write Descriptor                           CLV  2.0x   2770KBps
Write Strategy Speed                                        4.0x 5540KBps
2x Speed OPC beta                                                      0B
2x Speed OPC power                                                     0F
2x Write Strategy field 1                                     12 66 66 80
2x Write Strategy field 2                               88 80 00 00 00 00
4x Speed OPC beta                                                      01
4x Speed OPC power                                                     1B
4x Write Strategy field 1                                     0B 0F 08 08
4x Write Strategy field 2                                     55 09 10 0B
4x Write Strategy field 3                                     80 88 80 88
4x Speed OPC beta multi-pulse                                          06
4x Speed OPC power multi-pulse                                         1C
4x Write Strategy field 4                                     13 A8 88 65
4x Write Strategy field 5                               98 9A 88 80 00 00
4x Write Strategy field 6                                  00 00 00 00 00
Data area starting sector                                          30000h
Linear Density                                                0.267um/bit
Track Density                                                0.74um/track
Number of Layers                                                        1   

burned at 2x with stock firmware… no errors… now burning at 4x using herries 107v2b4 firmware… pretty good for only $17 (50pcs)

looking good at 4x (rated at 1-2x)… burned about 4 DVDs now, all work fine. i would recommend these because they are so cheap.

Are you planning on providing a reading curve scan from CD-DVD Speed?

Thanks.

here u go… Nero CD-DVD Speed

another test using DVDINFOPRO

never really done a read test… usually just error tests… do these scans look ok?? they seem to read fine on my DVD player and in the computer with no skipping of videos or anything

The fallback at the end seems problematic (you got higher errors back there, I think… but all the errors are correctably, which is why the data still registers as readable)… this is somewhat disturbing, since your NEC is reading only at 8x CAV, and it’s encountering problems (8x CAV is a rather forgiving speed).

Do these MUST001 burn 8X on Herries?

I have an old Pioneer 105 which burns fine at 4x. I also used liteon 411s but it burns at #$^(#!! slow 2x. It burns fine though. I tried using the omnipatcher utility but I don’t see the “must 001” on the dvd -r list. Anybody know how to fix this? Thanks.

I have used these disks and even mentioned it in a Sonic thread a few days ago on here. The disks work and play excellent. My Nerocd speed results look nothing like what you posted. Nerocdspeed shows more or less a perfect graph on just about every disk. I’ve never had a coaster and for the price these disks are more incredible then I would of imagined. I figured i’d get some coasters here and there for that price. The NEC-2500 is suppoed to be good burner. Are you burning faster then the rated speed? That’s the only thing I can think of that would cause those results. Before I ever bought these Sonic MUST…001 disks from shop4tech I researched and found nothing but positive things about them. But even with those results you’ve got, I’ve had worse and had my players play them back with no problems anyway.

videohelp has a review section where like 10 people posted and all of them said they had nothing but excellent results as well. Same for anyone that posted in the thread I created on here and what has been said here. I guess the verdict is out. These disks are well worth the price. I’m gonna buy more later in the week.

Yes, an 8X write descriptor is available in 107v2b5.
But as you can see from the above graphs, the discs have some readability problems when burned at 4X.
I would suggest burning at 4X or lower on these discs.
Actually I would suggest avoiding these discs!
Very low quality!

Just read this over at FatWallet. Now these puppies are .26 each with the coupon code. This is just crazy.

http://www.fatwallet.com/t/18/336710/

Wesociety, it seems like you may be a little disgruntled and upset that the “SONIC” disks didn’t work out so well for you. You weren’t the only one, anyone with any other media id other then MUST seems to have had issues from what I read. But it doesn’t sound like you have used these. Other then you saying the disks aren’t that great, I haven’t read anything from anyone else that has said that. Again though, meaning the ones with the “MUST” code that shop4tech sells. Apparently other sites sell the same name SONIC with LONG…TEN and AN31 and a bunch of other codes.

You should probably try like 25 of these for yourself and then see what results you have. At least that way you won’t be left out in the cold with deals like this. Just some friendly advice though. :slight_smile:

http://www.shop4tech.com/user.htm?go=view_item&id=2079&cata=1&s_cata=88

These are the shiny tops, not the inkjet printables. I’d like to know if these are the same media code as the inkjet printables which are
W.P…MUST 0…01

Also, does anyone have the media codes for the 4x Sonics:
http://www.shop4tech.com/user.htm?go=view_item&id=2423&cata=1&s_cata=88

I have used about 20 MUST001 burned at 4x with Herrie’s b4 firmware. I have not burned a coaster with them and they read well in my Panasonic DVD player. I use these to make “backups” of the DVDs that don’t require inkjet printed covers like for TV shows and data. They are fantastic for the price and I would highly recommend them.

For discs that I really want to work for a long time, I use the Maxell made in Japan discs, but that’s not important here.

Buy these with confidence. They work well and the price is fantastic!

quantum, nolimitz, i’m with you, these are excellent disks, I too, have never had a single coaster and i’ve burned about 10 times quantum. I don’t know if you guys are aware but shop4tech has a coupon code good til’ I think I read the end of July which brings the price of these Sonics down to .26 each for 100 pack, and even cheaper if you buy more!

I just bought another 100 pack yesterday, should have them by Tuesday.

ScubaStreb, those shop4tech Sonics have the “MUST001” code which from what i’ve read on many forums, are the best of them all. The other Sonics which stink have a longten code and an AN31 or AN32 code and they’re manufactured in different plants apparently. Can’t go wrong with these.

http://www.shop4tech.com/user.htm?go=view_item&id=2423&cata=1&s_cata=88

Shop4tech now shipping Yi Jhan…no more MUST001. I just got a 50 pack with Yi Jhan. The week before I got MUST001. Looks like they need to get more MUST001!

MUST001 work great! Yi Jhan sucks!

After I got 3/4 down into my MUST001 spindle, my kprobes suddenly went from acceptable to poor. I have to go halfway down into the next spindle before I get tolerable scans. I won’t be getting these again. Too inconsistent.

I had a 50 pack of Yi Jhan. Always burned at 6x (NEC2500) and never had a problem. Played on my Apex 1200 standalone, fewer pixelation than Ritek discs from my friends. My second pack of 50 is MUST001 which I just started using yesterday. So far 0 for 3. No errors during burning, but would not play on either Apex 1200 or Coby 224. The Coby is brand new so I cannot comment on its ability, but it looked like a capable player on videohelp.com.

If anyone wants to trade your Yi Jhan for my MUST001 because you prefer MUST001, please PM. Yi Jhan works for me, I want to stick with it. I have about 43 left in the spindle; wouldn’t mind trading for fewer than that of Yi Jhan.