Sonic DigitalMedia Plus v7 error

i keep trying to burn a cd but i keep getting an error message saying “insert blank disc” i have updated my software and firmware, drivers etc…
i dont know what else to try. does anyone have any suggestions?
im going crazy trying to figure this out
can it be some virus or spyware affecting my system?

I JUST HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AND AFTER 2 TRIPS TO BEST BUY THE GEEK SQUAD FINALLY FIXED IT. I HAD TO HAVE A COMPLETE NEW DRIVER INSTALLED AND ALL SOFTWARE/HARDWARE HAD TO BE UPDATED. I TRIED SEVERAL TIMES TO UPDATE IT MYSELF WITH NO LUCK, BUT THEY TOLD ME THAT WITH THE NEW VERSIONS OF THE DISC’S BEING A 2.0, THE OLDER DRIVERS WOULD NOT SUPPORT IT. AND MY OLD DRIVER WAS ONLY 1 YEAR OLD. ANYMORE INFO THAT I CAN GIVE YOU I WOULD BE HAPPY TO DO SO. IT WAS A TOTAL PAIN IN THE BUTT BUT NOW ITS UP AND RUNNING. IF YOU WANT I CAN GIVE YOU ALL OF THE INFO PRINTED OUT ON MY REPAIR SLIP AND MAYBE IT WILL HELP WITH YOUR PROBLEM. JUST LET ME KNOW!

I also have a year old HP. With it came Sonic, I have upgraded to Sonic digital Plus. It works great, however, now I am having the problem of Sonic Digital Plus making CD writing exclusive to that program - I can no longer write to a CD using any windows program, such as Explorer or when my Ipod wants a blank CD to back up my music (even tho there is a blank CD in the writer). I would appreciate the list of drivers updated on your repair slip, 20tonystewart.