Sonic Digital Media LE vY - can't copy to rewriteable dvd

vbimport

Hi,

I have never been on a forum before and am not very wised up with computers, but desperately need help!

I have Sonic Digital Media LE v7 installed on my DELL laptop and I am trying to copy a DVD. The DVD itslef seems to copy fine and then it says ‘please insert a blank or rewriteable DVD’ which I do, but then it just ejects it again and the same error message comes up. I think the rewriter is +/- and have tried both + and - rewriteable discs and have tried formatting them first but I just get the same problem! I have installed Any DVD onto my laptop- dont know if this makes any difference. I need to get these copied asap as I am going away, so would really appreciate any help anyone could give me as I have not got a clue what to do!!! Thanks!

HI
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS WITH SONIC BUT MINE WAS WITH MAKING MUSIC CD’S. THE PROBLEM WAS THAT MY DRIVER WAS BAD. CHECK TO SEE IF YOU NEED TO REPLACE IT. MINE WAS ONLY A YEAR OLD. NOT MUCH TO FIX THOUGH. 51.90 TOTAL. YOU MIGHT CHECK INTO THAT AND SEE IF IT WILL FIX THE PROBLEM. HOPE THIS HELPS.