Sonic debuts Blu-ray disc burning and playback software at CeBIT

vbimport

I just posted the article Sonic debuts Blu-ray disc burning and playback software at CeBIT.

March 14, 2005
Sonic Debuts Blu-ray Disc Burning and Playback
Software at CeBIT 2005
Record Now and CinePlayer Showcase New BD
format; AuthorScript Blu-ray SDK Allows Developers to…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/9994-Sonic-debuts-Blu-ray-disc-burning-and-playback-software-at-CeBIT.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/9994-Sonic-debuts-Blu-ray-disc-burning-and-playback-software-at-CeBIT.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I guess this means Nero is hard at work adding BluRay support as we speak. Nero 7 here we come… Actually maybe this will be the straw that breaks Nero’s back and makes them rewrite Nero into a more module, upgradable (aka patchable) leaner & meaner system. 35megs for burning software install is crazy, especially when products like Alcohol 120% offer all the core features at only 3megs install. And 1+ million people downloading a 35meg update every other week has to be killing Nero’s bandwidth.

Who is making the Blu-ray readers for computers? I’ve got many thousands of DVD+Rs laying around and I’m running out of room. I’d switch to BluRay just to keep my archives smaller. 4.3GB is too small and DVD+R DL costs too much for too little space. BluRay DL will be a good place to start for me, and the media can’t cost most then DVD+R DL does (hope) :slight_smile:

'4.3GB is too small and DVD+R DL costs too much for too little space. BluRay DL will be a good place to start for me, and the media 'can’t cost more" then DVD+R DL does (hope)" I don’t think you should hold your breath on that one. Somebody is always showing some new high density drive at some electronics show but where the heck are they. Oh I forgot everybody is still trying to figure out what limits they are going to build in, DRM. Etc. to turn these drives into something no more useful then a data backup device. They won’t make the same mistakes they made with DVD’s. Right from the start the limits will be in place. Kind of makes me wonder what if China decided to make drives with none of this nonsense built in. Sure it would not be sold in stores here but there is always mail order. On the original topic: Less then 6 months ago I bought a legal disc from roxio (Now Sonic) EZ-7. Now out comes V7.5 and they want another $69. Then we have Blu-Ray burning software and I have to pay how much again. I don’t mind paying for upgrades but not on something much less then a year old. Sure sounds like a good case for alternative software sourcing.

Bring on Holographic storage! Then BluRay will be defunckt