Song name not displaying in my car

vbimport

I have a sony head unit (yes, I know. Epic fail.) in my car and yes I do burn alot of CDs. When I burn the CD it does not show the name of the song just how long it’s been playing for. Trying flicking through my head unit to find maybe a hidden option but nothing. I think I might not have something checked right in Windows Media Player. Yes, I am using Windows Media Player 11 to burn my CD and I have it set to burn as an “Audio CD”. Do you think me using Nero to burn my music CD will then allow my head unit to display the name of the songs? I have done it before so I know my head unit can do it, it’s just that one day it stopped showing (when I used a new CD) and I just have not managed to figure it out. Although, now that I have gotten new high’s in my car I want to see if I can fix this. lol

Thanks so much and sorry for the block of text. Tired and never felt like punctuating and all properly.
Jordan

Hi and Welcome!

you need an audio CD burning application that supports CD-TEXT. I am not sure if WMP does support creating audio CDs with CD-Text.
Nero has this option, also the free Burrrn.

Michael

Thanks so much, after reading around in the forums I was thinking that it was just I need to burn my CD with Nero. Will keep you posted, going to try now! Any other suggestions/comments are appreciated though!

Thanks,
Jordan

What specific model Sony Radio do you have?

I do not share the common prejudice against sony auto audio
I like the fact that accessories are ofter forward and backward
compatible across more than a decade.
Not all support CD-Text and even those that do need to have the Text information on the Disc.

As a reference my current CD collection ammonts to ~250-ish pressed CD’s and only 21of them actually have CD-TEXT.

I don’t play pressed originals in my car, only burned
duplicates or mp3CD’s.

I use the CDRDAO that was included with EAC to burn all my audio CD’s

AD

Hi,[quote=AllanDeGroot;2165863]
Not all support CD-Text and even those that do need to have the Text information on the Disc.[/quote]That’s obvious, isn’t it? :wink:

As a reference my current CD collection ammonts to ~250-ish pressed CD’s and only 21of them actually have CD-TEXT.
Unfortunately that’s true.

I don’t play pressed originals in my car, only burned
duplicates or mp3CD’s.
Me too, but my copies on CD-R do have CD-Text regardless if it was present on the original. :slight_smile:

I use the CDRDAO that was included with EAC to burn all my audio CD’s
Does it support CD-Text also? Haven’t tried myself yet.

Michael

Oh yes, EAC and the included CDRDAO burn
software supports CD-Text

It’s really nice on a compilation disc

it’s why I got EAC to begin with, because I got a CD-TEXT head unit
and wanted to make “Text” discs.

to be blunt I got spoiled by seeing the artist and song title on the display of my Sirius radio and wanted the same display when I was playing my own CD’s, particularly because I would forget what CD’s were in the changer (or more precisely in the magazine that was in the changer) and TEXT would display well before the music would start playing.

the “List” function that most sony head units have is nice for
that as well.

AD