Sometimes Errors writing to 80 mins on Lite-On 24102B

vbimport

I've been trying to burn some SVCD images that are mostly about 80 minutes long. Sometimes at the end of the burn I get write errors, and the cd will still play, but the last minute of video is missing. I can usually successfully burn the image if I try a couple times, but I hate wasting the blanks, and I'm curious what I'm doing wrong. I'm using a 24/10/40 Lite-On 24102B with 32x Imation CDR media and Nero 5.5.5.6. What are possible sources for my problem?

ATIP: 97m 26s 66f
Disc Manufacturer: CMC Magnetics Corp.
Reflective layer: Dye (Short strategy; e.g. Phthalocyanine)
Media type: CD-Recordable
Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
nominal Capacity: 702.83MB (79m 59s 74f / LBA: 359849)

Thanks,
Elan!

hi there i might have a solution, i burnt a bin file svcd movie after using vcdeasy to make that bin file and burnt it using nero at 24 x liteon well my dvd player was playing crazzy with this disc. Then i used the vcdeasy burn engine to burn it directly but only max setting was 16x and it worked perfectly, moral is burn at a slower speed

Hi,

Generally it is advised to burn at x4 for vcd/svcd compatability in dvd players - but that is just what I have heard.

In this case, the problem is likely to be crap media as CMC manufactured media has been greatly critisised for very poor quality - I would imagine even more so near the extreme of the disc.

Luxo