Sometimes DVDs Will Not Play

vbimport

Lately I have been having trouble getting my DVDs to play. Sometimes they skip, freeze, or lock up.
I am using two different computers. They are both laptops. My main computer is an HP DV8000, running Win XP Pro. My burner is a Toshiba SDR6572M. I also have a Sony DRU-820A USB 2.0 that I burn with. The media I use is Taiyo Yuden DVD-R 16X.
My other computer is a Compaq C700 running Win Vista Home. The burner is a TSST TS-L632H. I don’t use an external burner with it. I also reloaded DVD Fab last night. I removed everything about Fab from my computer and reloaded it. I burned two movies with no external drive and I believe they burned fine. I am using IMGBurn to burn with.
Is my problem with the media, or because I use a external burner?

Thanks,
Joe

I see you have 16x media, good stuff by the way, if you are attempting to burn at 16x on a USB drive it may be a little too fast. try one at 8X and see how it goes.

[quote=Jossef;2029137]Lately I have been having trouble getting my DVDs to play. Sometimes they skip, freeze, or lock up.
I am using two different computers. They are both laptops. My main computer is an HP DV8000, running Win XP Pro. My burner is a Toshiba SDR6572M. I also have a Sony DRU-820A USB 2.0 that I burn with. The media I use is Taiyo Yuden DVD-R 16X.
My other computer is a Compaq C700 running Win Vista Home. The burner is a [B]TSST TS-L632H.[/B] I don’t use an external burner with it. I also reloaded DVD Fab last night. I removed everything about Fab from my computer and reloaded it. I burned two movies with no external drive and I believe they burned fine. I am using IMGBurn to burn with.
Is my problem with the media, or because I use a external burner?

Thanks,
Joe[/quote]
That drive will never burn @16X thru USB, your media ia good but you will have to change your burn speed to 8X.

Hi
I have had the same problem & it turned out to be the disc, I was using TDK discs & although the disc finished burning & you can see that the disc has been writen to it will not play or comes up as no disc or blank disc.
I had 35 out of 100 discs fail this way. I sent them back to the manufacturer & to be tested & was sent out replacement discs.
Also you will get different opinions on burning but I only burn at 4x spped when burning movies, I find the slower the speed the better quality.
hope this helps.

[QUOTE=hendos4;2029245]Hi
I have had the same problem & it turned out to be the disc, I was using TDK discs & although the disc finished burning & you can see that the disc has been writen to it will not play or comes up as no disc or blank disc.
I had 35 out of 100 discs fail this way. I sent them back to the manufacturer & to be tested & was sent out replacement discs.
Also you will get different opinions on burning but I only burn at 4x spped when burning movies, I find the slower the speed the better quality.
hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

TDK is your problem, order you some Taiyo Yuden 8X and burn at 8X.