Something wrong with my new batch of TY Fuji 48X discs?

I went to my local supermarket and they were selling Fuji 48X CDRs that are made in Japan. I remember ppl telling me that these discs are TY since they’re made in Japan. Well that’s what it said on the back of the package anyway. The thing is that after I do a burn at 40x with my Liteon 52246S and I attempt to do a quality check with KProbe, I always get seeking error at LBA xxx for like 5 seconds and then it do it’s standard check. At the end of the test at 8x, I always get unknown for disc manufacturer. Why? On my previous batch, I never get seeking errors in the beginning and I always get the name of the disc manufacturer. I find this very odd and I get the same result on a second burn as well. Can anyone here tell me what’s going on and how can I fix it? Thx

*btw, my C1 average is about .126 which is very low

Try downloading dvdinfopro (you can get the free version) and see if it will identify the manufacturer. This program works for cd’s as well as dvd’s.

At least you’ll know if they are TY’s.

Originally posted by Kerry56
[B]Try downloading dvdinfopro (you can get the free version) and see if it will identify the manufacturer. This program works for cd’s as well as dvd’s.

At least you’ll know if they are TY’s. [/B]

Unfortunately, it displays the same unknown disc manufacturer information. I find that really odd…Maybe I should try it on my brother’s computer…Even though he doesn’t have a Liteon drive.

Notice that alcohol, clonecd and similar programs installs ATIP hiding programs.

Make sure that those programs is not running while identifying the discs.

Check the spindle, if it says made in taiwan it’s most likely prodisc, fuji in US changed from TY to prodisc not long ago.

Originally posted by OC-Freak

Check the spindle, if it says made in taiwan

fuji in US changed from TY to prodisc not long ago.

Originally posted by Sgt_Strider

these discs are TY since they’re made in Japan. Well that’s what it said on the back of the package anyway.

The have switched to [COLOR=blue]Ritek as well.[/COLOR]