Someone says Health 0% and someone says health 100%

vbimport

Hi

I sell computers… Another buisinessman that buys stuff from me tells me that when hard disk sentinel says health 80% or health 96%… you do not sell the computer to a customer and more… when he both new computers for his shop, when it was not 100%, he shipped back the hard drive to the company and the sent him new ones

On another hand… we I read on internet… it says that if hard disk sentinel doesn’t say 0%, you still keep the computer…

Can you please help me with that so I can be sure the sell good hard drives to my customers!

Thanks

[QUOTE=peter_zzz;2770456]Hi

I sell computers… Another buisinessman that buys stuff from me tells me that when hard disk sentinel says health 80% or health 96%… you do not sell the computer to a customer and more… when he both new computers for his shop, when it was not 100%, he shipped back the hard drive to the company and the sent him new ones

On another hand… we I read on internet… it says that if hard disk sentinel doesn’t say 0%, you still keep the computer…

Can you please help me with that so I can be sure the sell good hard drives to my customers!

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Please allow me to open the show so to speak, but first of all: Welcome to the forum peter_zzz :flower:

It may be that I am not a native speaking (Norwegian all the way back to the Vikings), but I have a hard time figuring out what you are after:confused:

Care to clarify How, What, When in terms of Why? :flower:

Hi

Thank you for your reply… you are right… it is not clear because I am a french person and I made some errors!!

Here is the version more clear!! Sorry again!!

Hi

I sell computers… Another buisinessman that buys stuff from me tells me that when hard disk sentinel says health 80% or health 96%… you do not sell the computer to a customer with this hard drive… when he bought [U]new[/U] computers for his shop, some hard drive were not health 100%, so he shipped back the hard drives to the company and they sent him new ones

On another hand… we I read on internet… it says that if hard disk sentinel doesn’t say 0%, you still keep the computer with this hard drive…

Can you please help me with that so I can be sure the sell good hard drives to my customers! Do I sell computers with health 96%, 90% and 80% hard drive or I do not sell them like that!?

Thanks loll : )

"It is important to know that any small, microscopic scratch or dust can cause some bad sectors on the disk surface. It is hard to avoid all of these problems and it is possible that the drive is not 100% perfect, but the health is still “excellent”, so you do not need to worry about these sectors.

Especially, because these sectors are not used any more: the hard disk reallocated them and all read and write operations are redirected to the spare area instead."

There is more at the link below:

http://www.hdsentinel.com/faq.php#health

Thank you

That is what I read!!! before posting here

But this guy says that when it says health 90% you do not use this hard disk… so I will make him read this post!

The thing that is surprising me is that when he bought new computers and the health was not 100%, the company changed the hard drive for him… you would say that this company wasn’t obliged to? I just wanna be sure because those 2 facts are the oposite … would you say that the company was to loose on the hard drive refund?

He might have got lucky and got somebody on a Friday afternoon watching the clock waiting for their week to finish. Did you talk to the HD company to find out exactly what their policy is?

[QUOTE=beef barley;2770476]He might have got lucky and got somebody on a Friday afternoon watching the clock waiting for their week to finish.[/QUOTE]
In other words, place your complaints around 11AM-1PM on Friday :bigsmile:

Well this is his story I don’t know the company’s name…

So I will follow your advice and if he say again that it is incorrect I will make him read this post!!! : )

Thank you!!

Pierre

Have a nice day!!

Well…selling such computers depends on how much your asking price is…:wink:
I have a few harddrives running since the early 2000’s,and HD Sentinel still reports them as over 90% of health.
I’m using HD Sentinel since 2012,and the program reported those drives back then as 90+% healthy…I’m still running those 2 90+ % drives for over 3 years now since HD Sentinel’s initial report…:bigsmile: