Someone please throw us a bone!

vbimport

Can someone at least give us a hint as to when the next version of DVD2one will be released? I am loading up my harddrive with ripped DVDs just waiting to be copied to DVD-R…Since I have already copied my DVDs that are less than 6 gigs with DVD2one, with perfect results, I can’t wait for the next version of DVD2one so I can copy the DVDs that are greater than 6 gigs. We all know about the eye sores we get when watching the irritating pulsating effects, hopefully this effect will be lessened with the next release of DVD2one, but the question remains…When will it be released?

Don’t complain about having to wait for a release.
They stated a week or so ago that they are fine tuning the new release and that it will be here soon.

As for the pulsating errors so to speak , you want the real thing ?
The go out and pay for it , you want a very very good backup then stick with dvd2one and stop complaining.

I’ve processed about 110 movies at the moment , and have also processed movies like : Saving Private Ryan , LOTR TFOTR , LOTR TTT which are all 3 hour movies , with almost no pulsating errors or what. OK it might not be exactly the same as the original but for a normal watcher and not a perfectionist it’s almost like watching the original.

Originally posted by Carlos Garcia
We all know about the eye sores we get when watching the irritating pulsating effects,

No - we dont - please speak for yourself :wink:

Actually very few people have complained about this.
Personally I have never experienced the problem in any backups.
More likely its caused by your playbackdevice.

@dvr105:

No - we dont - please speak for yourself

Actually very few people have complained about this.
Personally I have never experienced the problem in any backups.
More likely its caused by your playbackdevice.

You better read older posts!!! This problem had been posted many times in this and other forums. Evdberg is working with the problem and this is going to be solved with new engine (v1.2). Sometimes you barely notice, but with some material may be very annoying.

And YES - WE - all know about this problem…:smiley:

Hey I’m not complaining, like I said before, I love the results DVD2one gives me with movies 6 gigs or smaller, but once you get past 7 gigs, yes the pulsating effect is very noticeable on many movies. I’m not a perfectionist, just don’t want to see the picture shifting from left to right for 2 hrs. Hopefully this flaw will be corrected with the next version of the DVD2one engine. I don’t know about the rest of you, but to me, even artifacts aren’t as annoying as the pulsating effect. And my playback devices are the HP DVD writer in my PC, my DVR104 also in my PC, my Philips DVDr985 DVD recorder, and my Sony 301 DVD Jukebox, all pretty much state of the art. May I suggest to those who don’t notice the pulsating effect on movies greater than 7 gigs, you may not have a newer monitor, which will show more detail…Sometimes it’s better to own older products because they won’t show the many flaws that are inherent in movies. This doesn’t only apply to movies copied with DVD2one, but many older movies were mastered poorly on the original DVD, and older monitors won’t show the problem nearly as badly as newer monitors will.

Originally posted by Milkman
[B]@dvr105:
You better read older posts!!! This problem had been posted many times in this and other forums. Evdberg is working with the problem and this is going to be solved with new engine (v1.2). Sometimes you barely notice, but with some material may be very annoying.

And YES - WE - all know about this problem…:smiley: [/B]

Or maybe youd better read them one more time - obviously you did not read them correct the first time.

like this post:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69363&highlight=pulsating+new+engine

The pulsating effect is NOT a bug in dvd2one - but pulsating present in the original movie being compressed and then, like any other error in the original material, naturally enhanced when being compressed. Edvberg is NOT working on fixing this as if it was a bug because it is not, but he is working on minimizing the effect when compressing lesser quality material.

Theres a big difference !