Someone please help me

I have recently installed a Lite-On DVDRW SOHW 1693S. When I turn my PC on, (Dell 4700, P4 2.8Ghz, Win XP Home SP2). When I turn on my computer I get an error message saying. Drive 2 Not Found: Parallel ATA, PATA-0 (PRI IDE MASTER)
I did not have this problem with my old burner, A-OPEN DUW-1608/AAR. Now when I burn a DVD it burns really slow, and the read buffer fulxes back and fourth. Someone please help me out.

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Check if you set correctly jumpers and plugged correctly cables (both IDE and power)

Yea, all of that is done. It just seems to happen with this drive

Check DMA

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=101616

yea,I just did that and I am about to restart my comp right now. By the way, there is no Seconday IDE in the device manager. Why is that?

A damaged cable?

I just did the DMA, Still,no go.

I dont think it is a damaged cable because when I plug my old DVD-RW drive in, I get none of these problems

Do you see some yellow marks on device manager?

nope

What IDE drivers do you have?

Use Infotool to retrieve informations on your system

Ok, Infotools look something like this
Primary IDE Channel: Slave: LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1693S, DMA off, Autorun on
Secondary IDE Channel: Master and Slave my two HDDs

I think that you should do some changes to this config.

I suggest you to put HDD both as master on primary and secondary IDE channel, and the burner as slave on the primary or secondary as you want.

What IDE drivers do you have (see in infotool; it should show also this info)

how do I do that?

through BIOS?

run infotool; after finished select primary and then secondary channel and see the information like in pic

Well I am looking at the info,what do I do now?

As you can see in pic, I have microsoft IDE drivers. What drivers do you have?

Microsoft

ok. Infotool say that you have DMA disabled, so check if DMA must be enabled also in BIOS.

Then I suggest you to change config as I said in my previous post and see if this solve.