Someone has offered to buy a domain I registered

vbimport

Has anyone ever sold a domain name before? The person is asking me to pay for an appraisal for ~$29 or so. I’m wondering if this is worth it . . .

I created a free site a while ago and used the first stupid thing that popped into my head www.fagnipple.com.

:bigsmile:

Would you pay the $29 for the appraisal if you were me?

Hi,

I guess this is just fraud.

But check with your provider if everything is okay (fees paid etc.) in order to prevent evil domaingrabbers from even stealing your domain.

Michael

[QUOTE=justcallmebob;2458471]Has anyone ever sold a domain name before? The person is asking me to pay for an appraisal for ~$29 or so. I’m wondering if this is worth it . . .

I created a free site a while ago and used the first stupid thing that popped into my head www.fagnipple.com.

:bigsmile:

Would you pay the $29 for the appraisal if you were me?[/QUOTE]

LOL @ the domain name…sounds like a pr0n site :eek: :bigsmile:

Personally I wouldn’t pay…but that’s me. :slight_smile:

No I would not .

If they want it appraised they would pay for it, sounds like a scam. Beware

They’re not asking me to pay them for the appraisal . . . unless this guy works for one of the domain appraisal services. :confused:

I wanted to come up with something that folks wouldn’t forget . . . :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve never even used the site for anything since it is one of those Microsoft Office Live sites.

The person is [U]asking me[/U] to pay for an appraisal for ~$29 or so

I thought that was what you were saying.

[QUOTE=bean55;2458504]I thought that was what you were saying.[/QUOTE]

Right . . . they want me to obtain an appraisal from one of two companies they claim to accept them from. Only one of the two company’s website came up and they’re asking $29 for the appraisal. So while I would be paying for the appraisal, I wouldn’t be paying the folks wanting to buy my domain name for the appraisal.

Make sense?

100% fraud.

200 % fraud

That’s what I figured, but I thought if any forum would know it would be here.

Thanks.