Pardon my ignorance, I’ve been out of the loop for a few months. I heard that Securom was finally defeated, that CloneCD is out, and MDS files are in. I actually recently bought my first “unbeatable” Securom game, Emperor. I used Alcohol, set to the newest Securom (4.8 or whatever) and loaded the image but the game still didn’t work. My burner is old and can’t read subchannels, but… are they saying that even with emulation, you still have to read subchannels? Is this another “unbeatable” aspect of Securom or are the current generation of emulators not up to speed?
Never mind, I’m an idiot. For some reason I thought Alcohol’s virtual drive had emulation. I loaded the MDS file in Daemon Tools and it worked.
Well, a lot has happened since u left apparently
No worries… story is quite simple im glad to say !
- Use the blindwrite suite (bwabuilder) to make an BWA from ur original cdrom , if the game is securom 4.8x.xxx
Or make on with alcohol and convert it using bwabuilder, which comes with Blindwrite.
- Make an image using the latest blindread, place all the files (the bwa file from step 1. also ) in one directory.
- start blindwrite, and select the image file.
AGAIN : MAKE SURE THE BWA FILE IS NAMED THE SAME AND IN THE SAME PLACE as the other files !!!
And there you go, thats all.
If this for some reason gives ya trouble use this ! :
- download and install latest clonecd , and download twinpeaks 0.2 (do a search)
- Make an image using clonecd of the securom disc.
- Download a bwa file from the game you want, see blindwrite thread, insert this into twinpeaks.
- use twinpeaks to insert the bwa file into the clonecd image.
- start clonecd and burn the newly made image.
cheers, two ways to defeat securom above 4.8x.xxx
Good luck !
also note that securom’s module in the exe contains detection code for alcohol, fantom CD, copystar and the likes…
That might have been what fooled you when you had it mounted in alcohol.