Someone answer this please

vbimport

I run scandisc from Nero CD Speed with 4 drives ...My liteon 48125W is using FW VS06

Liteon 24102B
Liteon converted 48125W
Toshiba 6702 cdrom
LTD 163 dvdrom....

I get different results..the Liteon cdrw report no errors

the LTD 163 report a few usually less than or equalt ot .5% to .75%

Toshiba wil lreport a ton of errors...with the same 700 mg disc...in fact the tosh reported so many I quit the read...

Now note I had it read this disc and install the program ...ther ewere no slowdowns on the read and 100% smooth and uneventful install....

Iam at a loss to understand the reason reader give such varied results....

are standalone reader better for error checking and why....I always thought from my cloneclinic days that cdrw tend to have better laser and were better readers...does that mean the cdrw read better so an error does not look to be an error

My tosh is older ..s olaser is older and is this why it reports errors...

Could the read issue be a media compatablity issue with the reader...that is the newer media may cause read problem so when the reader sees them they see errors since there is no fw update to improve the read performance to match the new media characteristics......cdrw have firmware updated for media so they work better but our dvd, cdrom...usually have few if any fw updates so new cdr media may be an issue when checking the burn quality

Am i getting my point across....

Well Oz…if you use FES on a drive like the Liteon, tosh Plex…you will see no problems i nthe image or burn…

I was not referring to copy protection the liteon is a very good reader of game protections(overall)

I was talking about the issue of errors…

Lite-On 32X-48X usually cuts safedisc 1/2 in about 7-8 minutes when using our safedisc profiles.

On the other hand I’ve yet to se a drive cutting laserlock faster than Lite-On drives, lite-on’s cuts this protection in about 10 minutes…

Darn…I am more interested in finding a reason for the differences in these error reports we are getting from Nero CD Speed and the differences between readers…

I agree the Liteon is overall excellent reader of protections…maybe not all audio ones…

You may even try different reads with the same disc in the LTD163 and you will notice that it rarely gets the same result…

Tried 3 in a row on a couple of the discs. Same results. Perhaps the read issues with the 163 can be attributed to cooling… my case is pretty well ventilated. Hole saws’ll do that. :bigsmile:

OC Freak that is what concerns me…why the different results…should we not expect the same result…why would a sector be bad then good …