Some Stuff I did with the 712A

vbimport

Hello to all!!!

I did a few little test, here are some results if you wanna know!!!
This was already compressed and on hardrive, just wanted to see how the speed would be with just burning!!!
Type : DVD+R
Certified Write Speed: 2.4 X - 4.0 X - 8.0 X
Drive Write Speed : 2.4 X - 4.0 X - 8.0 X
Manufacturer ID : MCC
Media ID : 003
Product Revision : 00

Label: RADIO
Contents:
4.30 GB, ISO 9660, UDF

This was burnt On The Fly with CloneDVD using 8X Media, the original was already compressed with CloneDVD…
Certified Write Speed: 2.4 X - 4.0 X - 8.0 X
Media ID : 003

Label: HAUNTED_MANSION
Contents:
4.36 GB, ISO 9660, UDF
1 layer(s) (PTP)
Application: ELBY CLONEDVD

This was done with 4X on The Fly, The orginal was already compressed with Clonedvd

Certified Write Speed: 2.4 X - 4.0 X
Media ID : 002

Label: RADIO
Contents:
4.30 GB, ISO 9660, UDF
1 layer(s) (PTP)

I have had about the same results. So far the quality has been very good although I’m using quality media (which is the only media that will work at 12x anyway ;)).

G@M3FR3@K wrote:

(which is the only media that will work at 12x anyway ).

It’s the only way to go… lol

The only Media I havn’t used yet are the Taiyo Yuden, Havn’t found any in my area, I guess I will have to get some from the internet to try out

im waiting the review and the user opinions before buying the newest drive this time…if it wasnt that good then my 708A is still working well but i’d really like to see it working well with cheap media and i expect it to be of a better build quality than the 708A (although my drive isnt having any problem at all but i saw many people having 708A’s dying on them very soon…)

I like this drive so far…but I’m mainly using it to recover data from discs my Lite-on mangled. The few burns I’ve done on Ritek G04s don’t have any PI spikes over 20, which is a world better than the Litey.