Some small issues with my BenQ ML2441

vbimport

Hello there forum!

I bought this ML2441 LED-TV some time ago and I would consider it one of my best buys ever. I’m currently using it as a monitor for my computer system and it just works great with gaming, browsing and watching movies/shows.
There are 2 minor issues which I would like some help with or opinions about however.

1. The auto sleep function triggers even when I’m using the display. About once or twice a day I get the “press any button to abort”-message. I’m using a DVI -> HDMI cable.

2. Whenever the resolution changes the display mode is reset into the default mode which is “Full” even though the “UnderScan” mode is the only one which can handle the 1020 resolution. This means I have to flick through the modes every time the resolution changes, thank god most games are available in 1020 nowadays.

I realize these issues are fairly minor but I figured I might as well give it a shot and post. Maybe someone has something of value to share.

Have a nice day!
/CL

First off you gave no hardware specs on the computer driving the LED monitor at all to know much of what is going on and no software O/S or drivers is listed. What you gave was general problem without any specs on what kinda hardware it is attached to. That in itself is problematic as anyone reading this will say what else is connected to it??? So again more specs before posting general problems that has no solution??

[QUOTE=Christheblizz;2590198]Hello there forum!

I bought this ML2441 LED-TV some time ago and I would consider it one of my best buys ever. I’m currently using it as a monitor for my computer system and it just works great with gaming, browsing and watching movies/shows.
There are 2 minor issues which I would like some help with or opinions about however.

1. The auto sleep function triggers even when I’m using the display. About once or twice a day I get the “press any button to abort”-message. I’m using a DVI -> HDMI cable.

2. Whenever the resolution changes the display mode is reset into the default mode which is “Full” even though the “UnderScan” mode is the only one which can handle the 1020 resolution. This means I have to flick through the modes every time the resolution changes, thank god most games are available in 1020 nowadays.

I realize these issues are fairly minor but I figured I might as well give it a shot and post. Maybe someone has something of value to share.

Have a nice day!
/CL[/QUOTE]
Hi and welcome to Myce Forums. It sounds like you may have a defective unit. Even minor issues can turn into larger issues in the future, I would go the product website and see if they have any other information about this.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2590212]First off you gave no hardware specs on the computer driving the LED monitor at all to know much of what is going on and no software O/S or drivers is listed. What you gave was general problem without any specs on what kinda hardware it is attached to. That in itself is problematic as anyone reading this will say what else is connected to it??? So again more specs before posting general problems that has no solution??[/QUOTE]

Thank god for question marks and grumpiness, eh :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m running the monitor on a computer with a Geforce 250 GTS using the latest drivers (270.61) on a Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit O/S.
The computer is the only source connected to the monitor.

Thank you alan1476, I thought it might come to that in the end. Was hoping that someone else had stumbled across similar problems.

Cheers
/CL

and I do ofc mean 1080, not 1020