Some questions about Blindwrite and Securom

Hello!
Congratulations for all Blindwrite Team Members,Lapinou,Kamikazee,Giovanni,ViRuS2k…, (You are making a fantastic program and improving it day a day).

Thanks to R!Co and ghost_zero5 for your fantastic BW5 tweaker.

Some questions to all you or someone can answer me:

1 - I think that backups with Securom v 4.84.84.xxxx and over dont work:

I make a image (with Blindwrite 4.5.7 and 5) of:

Enclave Securom v 4.84.84.xxxx and
Comandos 3 Securom v 4.85.07.0056

If I burn this images, backups dont work!

I try the images with daemon 3.39 and dont work!
Then, I download the last version 3.41 and OK, backups run.
What about this, what fails?
Is image right? why doenst it work with daemon 3.39? is it blacklisted?
Isnt burn process right? Backups burned dont run!!!

2 - Again Securom, What about this??

Turok Evolution Securom v 4.85.07.0023
Hidden and Dangerous 2 Securom v 4.85.07.0155

Images of these Securom versions dont run in daemon 3.41.

If I burn this images, backups dont work, of course!

Autoplay mode dont work for now with these securom versions
Only works twinpeak mode (In some drives, of course,Toshiva SD-M1712 doesnt support this mode, Sony CRX215E1 supports it)

Why Comandos 3 image runs and Turok Evolution image doesnt run if Comandos 3 securom version is newer than
Turok securom version? I dont understand it!!! 0023<0056
I could understand if it was the Hidden and Dangerous 2 securom version because it’s the newest version I saw for now.
What about this??

3 - Is posible to extract topology from a DVD?
Metal Gear Substance Securom v 4.84.xx.xxxx ( I think)
Jager Securom v 4.85.07.xxxx (Confirmed)
Can BW5 make a image that works?
I try it a week ago with Jager but I dont know the BW5 tweaker and BW 5 didnt extract topology because
BW5 “said” it was not necesary. (ERROR)
Maybe automatic configuration it’s not the best.
I didnt try yet again with BW5 tweaker to force to extract topology.
Can BW5 make a image that works?

Sorry, but english is not my natural language. I hope you can understand me.

See you.:cool:

Do me a favor and post your logs, I want to check something out.

Just wanted to say thanks Yomismo for mentioning me . We all try to help with problems and issues . :smiley:

there is (as far as i know) not possible to copy a dvd protected with securom (yet)

Correct

Log ( Hidden and Dangerous 2) 3 CDs this title, CD 1 is the play disk this phisical media.

24/11/2003 1:32:21 info Topology extraction completed in 07:03
24/11/2003 1:25:17 info Topology: x8 Read required, x8 selected
24/11/2003 1:25:17 info Topology extraction started
24/11/2003 1:25:17 info Extraction successful in 04:41
24/11/2003 1:20:36 info Free Space on destination path 7,8 Gb.
24/11/2003 1:20:36 info Reading CD-ROM Disc [DISK1] - Image Size 814 Mb.
24/11/2003 1:20:36 info Read data with subcodes PW for track 1
24/11/2003 1:20:36 info Reading device : 0:1:0 - TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-M1712 1004 [E] (Ide)
24/11/2003 1:20:36 info Extraction started
24/11/2003 1:20:04 info Launched with external parameters
24/11/2003 1:20:04 info Using Patin-Couffin driver Version 1.15, Internal revision 15
24/11/2003 1:20:04 info User default language : 3082 (0x0C0Ah) - Spanish (Modern Sort)
24/11/2003 1:20:04 info System default language : 3082 (0x0C0Ah) - Spanish (Modern Sort)
24/11/2003 1:20:04 info Version 5.0.1.112
24/11/2003 1:20:04 info Title : BlindWrite 5.0.1.112
24/11/2003 1:20:04 info ExeName : “D:\Archivos de programa\VSO\BlindWrite5\bw.exe”
24/11/2003 1:20:04 info OS : Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Build 2600)

Image doesn’t run with Deamon 3.41
If I burn this image, backup doesn’t run.

Log is similar another logs like Comandos 3, Enclave or other, that images run perfectly in Daemon 3.41 (Burned images don’t run) from v 4.84.84.xxxx (I think). I have the “Enclave” reference with this version of securom.

1.- Metal gear solid does not have Securom on it, just DVD9.
2.- On toshiba drives, “bwaing” is not welcome, like plextor drives.
Copy COULD work but if game checks for videos on the CD, then backup useless. A good .bwa is needed to backup that games. Not all drives extrac that info correctly.
3.- A version of securom have nothing to do with “later” one because version are not referencing time, just topology info. Every game topology is diferent from another.
(Exceptions: Hotel giant with setup.exe with a version number, and the main executable with another one inmediatly above to setup.exe)
4.- Some games like commandos 3 and hidden and dangerous 2 have “abnormal” sector densities respecting securom. The topology can be “equal” to another in form (some sectors climbing), but not in sector progression:
i mean that some games have normal data spiral with 38 sector at the beginning of the CD and some others have 41. The 38 sectors are the common one ( just referencing “normal” values excluding securom climbs on topology) but 41 are too higher for toshibas.
Because securom have its check in those initial sectors ( in the future, will be extended to the others and not only in the first 50000 sectors) toshiba drives have problems there.
I have problems with some games when initial sectors were above 39, making my toshi to refuse the copy ( unreadable of course).
Some starforce games like fire department ( fire chief in usa) have this “topology” and is because mastering plant, not for protection. It depends on where is the CD masterized.

Good luck!

24/11/2003 1:20:04 info Version 5.0.1.112

You should update the software to the latest version, currently 5.0.2
You can get it from Here

Enter the matrix Yellow
Comandos 3 Blue
Enclave White
Midnight Club II Grey
Hidden & Dangerous 2 Pink
Hulk Dark Green
Turok Evolution Dark Blue

I made backup lots of games with securom phisical media (around 40). All of these backups run fine and they was read from my toshiba with success. I am speaking about Autoplay mode (emulation), with blindwrite or autoplay instaled. I am not speaking about twinpeak mode; I know this mode doesn’t work in all drives.
All backups run from Daemon (now 3.41) as image and run from cd burned fine except:

Comandos 3 (cd burned doesn’t run but as image run (only in 3.41 run) (in 3.39 doesn’t))
Enclave (cd burned doesn’t run but as image run (only in 3.41 run) (in 3.39 doesn’t))

Turok Evolution (as image and as cd burned doesn’t run) (Only run by twinpeak mode in my sony writer Sony CRX215E1 of course)
Hidden & Dangerous 2 (the same as turok)

As you (Morglum007) saw, (Enclave,Comandos 3 and Enter the Matrix) are around 42 linear density. My toshiba run these backups well, without problem and they are over 41.

Turok and H&D2 are around 37 and these backups don’t run. Colin Mcrae 3 and Midnight Club II are around 37 as Turok and H&D2 and run fine.
So, I think that linear density is not the problem as I understood you.

How about this Morglum007?

Enter the matrix Yellow
Comandos 3 Blue
Enclave White
Midnight Club II Grey
Hidden & Dangerous 2 Pink
Hulk Dark Green
Turok Evolution Dark Blue

I made backup lots of games with securom phisical media (around 40). All of these backups run fine and they was read from my toshiba with success. I am speaking about Autoplay mode (emulation), with blindwrite or autoplay instaled. I am not speaking about twinpeak mode; I know this mode doesn’t work in all drives.
All backups run from Daemon (now 3.41) as image and run from cd burned fine except:

Comandos 3 (cd burned doesn’t run but as image run (only in 3.41 run) (in 3.39 doesn’t))
Enclave (cd burned doesn’t run but as image run (only in 3.41 run) (in 3.39 doesn’t))

Turok Evolution (as image and as cd burned doesn’t run) (Only run by twinpeak mode in my sony writer Sony CRX215E1 of course)
Hidden & Dangerous 2 (the same as turok)

As you (Morglum007) saw, (Enclave,Comandos 3 and Enter the Matrix) are around 42 linear density. My toshiba run these backups well, without problem and they are over 41.

Turok and H&D2 are around 37 and these backups don’t run. Colin Mcrae 3 and Midnight Club II are around 37 as Turok and H&D2 and run fine.
So, I think that linear density is not the problem as I understood you.

How about this Morglum007?

I can’t see all the graph, but it seems lower games (in the bottom part of the diagram) begins with climb topology before the others.(Specially H&D2)
Maybe this is the problem.
When “topology” is too close to the beginning of the CD, then the copy is getting worse.
You are lucky with ur toshiba, because mines do not recognize a CD with more than 39 sectors on the beginning of the CD (SD-M1402 & SD-R5002).
Wht?, i don’t know yet, but this is my experience.

Good luck!
[/EDIT]
I have seen again some of my bwas and the beginning is the same that u obtained, so it is obviously lineal densities at the beginning does not matter a lot.
Anyway, just only with the two u failed respecting a good one, there is some global characteristic:
Yelow is Commandos 3
Red is Hidden & Dangerous 2
Green is turok evolution

(Finally i did it!..xD.Anyway i could not attach it, just a link)

Maybe latest securom checks more that just the beginning.
Turok and H&D 2 are quite similar.
[/EDIT]

TIP: In this case commandos 3 have 42 sectors at the beginning only because LINEAR density. Just math. Less data=higher global density. Unfortunately, this graph isn’t so real to show what is happening