Some quality problems burning with SH-S162A

vbimport

The problem is with TYG02 media, (Taiyo Yuden), are VALUE, but they are burned with poor quality.

I have a NEC 1300 and it burns them with good quality, PIF are always less than 5 while with the SH-S162A the PIF are more than 30 at the end of the disc, and higher than with NEC at the whole surface (more PIF constantly). I try at 8x and 4x, both are poor quality.

For that, I ask about using other firmwares http://club.cdfreaks.com/f105/can-sh-s162a-use-sh-s162l-firmwares-242445/ because when I open the TS03 with MediaCodeSpeedEdit (MCSE) it shows wrong the names and speeds, while TS08 (SH-S162L) shows well both.

I sounds like TS03 firmware has no good strategy for TYG02 but I can’t modify it with the MCSE.

Hi,quote=darksch;2031872 when I open the TS03 with MediaCodeSpeedEdit (MCSE) it shows wrong the names and speeds, while TS08 (SH-S162L) shows well both.[/quote]For me, this is a strong indication [B]not to crossflash[/B]. If MCSE treats these firmwares that different, then the drive might do the same.

Michael

Quite right, the SH-S162A has a NEC chipset instead of the expected MTK chipset.