Some problems with 1653S

vbimport

Hi to all.
That’s my first thread.
I’ve recently bought this device and something is going wrong… may be.
Some examples:

1- I’ve tried to read a DVD-VIDEO (Crouching tiger and the hidden dragon". First time I started the application (Cyberlink PowerDVD) it read correctly the media. I stopped the application, extract from the device the DVD and insert it again… the device goes in loop try reading tracks.

2- Probably, like 1633S, it dislikes CD-MEDIA.

Any suggestions?

P.S. however All my PS2 backups burned whit this Liteon work perfectly

firmware is the original LITEON CS09. I’m burning with some CD-R (verbatim jewelcase 52x certified) with no lucky…

The same CD-R burned with a LITEON CD-R LTR-48125S

and with the 1653S

both from HD, at 48x speed, on the same type of media: CD-R Verbatim 52X certified

DVD writer is on SECONDARY MASTER!!!

Any suggestion?

Hello,

Hmmm… maybe this might be the problem… > http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=109986#ts-3Scd

Hi, thnaks for answering.

Yes, I read that Faq… it refers to 1633S… honestly i don’t know what I can do. I seems as the 1653s is just an 1633s firmware-updated device.

@ gismaster
Yes the 1633 and 1653 have identical hardware, and your drive is exhibiting this defective behavior, so code65536 response of recommending you return your drive for a replacement is good advice:).

Oops. FAQ now refers to both the 1633S and 1653S. :wink: Their hardware is identical, and the only difference is that the firmware that gets loaded onto them after production.

Send it in for a replacement…

OK. However the unit can read normally any kind of CD-Rom (CD-R, too). I have these problems only with burning. I haven’t yet tried to burn at lower speed.
I don’t know if I have talk with Liteon directly or with my reseller.

Well guys, I think I’ve achieved a solution . My real problem is Power supply inherent the DVD-writer power.

Summarizing all my problems:

DVD-R VERBATIM 4x : good results

CD-R VERBATIM 52x certified: I could not obtain any kind of nice result!!! No problem reading all kind of CD-R media (except for those burned with 1653S :D); this beahviour exclude any kind of laser problems mentioned in the following thread: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread…=109986#ts-3Scd

1653S original with Frimware CS09

1st Step:
1653S on Secondary-Master and 48125S (LITEON, too) on Secondary-Slave, both on the same power line of the power supply, burning at 48x from HD. Awful results with 1653S, “just good” with 48125S

1653S

48125S

2nd Step:

1653S on Secondary-Master with a dedicated power line of the power supply, burning at 48x from HD. Awful results

3rd Step:

1653S on Secondary-Master with a dedicated power line of the power supply, burning at 24x from HD. “excellent” results

4th Step :

1653S on Secondary-Master and 48125S (LITEON, too) on Secondary-Slave, both on the same power line of the power supply, burning at 24x from HD. Awful results with 1653S, “just good” with 48125S

5th Step(The Proof :D):

1653S on Secondary-Master with a dedicated power line of the power supply, burning at 24x from HD. “excellent” results

My poor “trimmed” 360W CHIEFTECH probably is quite tired :stuck_out_tongue: (3 HD: 2 on Promise controller and 1 mobo Primary-Master channel - not oc P4 2.4 - not oc VGA - 2 ODD)

Probably I have to change my PSU. Sometimes, just for training :D, I’ll burn some other CD-Rs and I’ll post new results (if present!!!) , sam thing for new media support as DVD+R 4x, 8x, 16x - DVD DL .

bye

P.S. Sorry for my English, I hope you understand :wink: