Some of the shaded areas are purple instead of black

vbimport

Hey everyone, I have a question. My son has an HP DV6000. I replaced the screen about 4-5 months ago. I just looked at it since he said there is a color problem with it. Here it is: Some of the shaded areas that should be black or close to it show purple [not a lot]. I told him it might be the inverter. He drives over the road and told me one of the tie downs for the notebook are just below the screen. I don’t think that has anything to do with it, like I said I thought it might be the inverter but maybe the screen is going. I never heard of this happening before. Thanks, Dan

Moving your thread to the Hardware forum valdan1. You should get more informed answers there.

Could it be that he’s not viewing the screen straight on? Ask him to angle the screen so that it point directly at him.

Kerry56 said it would be better to move to another area. In the mean time, it doesn’t matter how you hold it, it still has parts of the shading in purple. Thanks though. Dan

[QUOTE=valdan1;2491350]Kerry56 said it would be better to move to another area. In the mean time, it doesn’t matter how you hold it, it still has parts of the shading in purple. Thanks though. Dan[/QUOTE]

Yeah, your already in that new area :wink: (General hardware fourm)

Its possible the screen is faulty or their is a bad connection.

He can also check the display properties and make sure 32-bit color is enabled.

check the display configuration and possibly run color correction, if you still have a problem, check the connections and also contact the lcd manufacturer to insure that this isnt a limitation of the display.
oh and btw, please post in a normal fashion, i find youre format very annoying…