Some nice boot screens for Windows Vista

vbimport

:slight_smile: Some nice boot screens for Windows Vista:

Please backup your “winload.exe.mui” file before you try this.

How to install:

1. Navigate to c:\windows\system32\en-US for english; \NL-nl for Dutch and so on
  2. Open the properties of the file “winload.exe.mui”, click on the security tab and choose advanced to set the ownership to “Users”
  3. Now copy the chosen bootscreen from the package and replace it with the one in the system32\en-US folder
  4. Go to start > Run, and type “msconfig”
  5. Choose the “boot” tab and enable “No GUI Boot”
  6. Close msconfig and reboot your computer

Aurona 3D

Download

Black Aurora

Download

BlueWhipe

Download

ClearWhite

Download

ClearBlack

Download

LogoBlack

Download

MyWhiteVista

Download

OrbedSlogan

Download

Wow

Download

AMD X2

Download

ATi

Download

CoolerMaster

Download

Intel Core 2 Duo

Download

NVidia

Download

Bonus: NVidia Mixed

Download

Source

^ *[B]Warning[/B]: Do this at your own risk. ^

I can confirm that it works on Vista 64-bit (it should work on 32-bit also).

1. Open the properties of the file “winload.exe.mui”, click on the security tab and choose advanced to set the ownership to “Users”

Instead of giving ownership to ‘Users’…I gave them full control. Whatever works for you.

I personally will not be using these boot screens because they don’t look good on widescreen. :frowning: They should look sweet on a standard screen although!

1. Choose the “boot” tab and enable “No GUI Boot”

I don’t like to enable this…I like the “bar”. What’s the second reason I will not be using these boot screens.

Anyway, if this is your type of thing…enjoy. Remember - Do this at your own risk! If you bork your setup…it’s all you. :bigsmile:

Most excellent and thank you.:wink: Only tried the Aurona 3D and the Core 2 so far on the Vista Home Premium 32 bit and they both look great. Much better than the bar going across the screen IMO. Here is a picture of my desktop on boot.

That looks awesome!!!

The bootscreens from VistaWeblog.nl are gone.

:slight_smile: You can find them at ----> http://www.myvistaboot.com/Mambo/