Some NEC-6500A info required

vbimport

Hello everyone,
I am new to CD freaks and I appreciate the wealth of information available on this site.

I have a question in regards to a NEC-6500A cd burner. Namely, I obtained one of these OE units and I wish to install it in my Compaq EVO n610c laptop. The question I have is whether I can change the drive settings from slave to master and vice versa? What is the default setting on this drive? Does anyone know what it is supposed to be set as in my machine?

I appologize if some of these questions have been answered already. I looked on the NEC forum already but could not find what I was looking for. If anyone can help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated. As well, if any more information about my machine is required, I would be happy to provide it here. Thanks everyone.

Bane

I had a ND-5500a. It came set as master. Is the Evo fixed or modular? Sometimes matching the bezels/caddies can be a problem.

the evo is modular. installing the drive physically is no problem. its a simple swap of the back adapter and the side frames. even the door fits so it appears as if it is the factory drive.