Some info required b4 Thursday Please

Right I am from the UK and no doubt alot of other members are;) I will get to the point and not beat around the bush. Lidl in the UK is part of a massive german company and now and again they sell some real decent stuff. On thursday they are selling for £60 a satelite box but with no dish and it clearly states on the box will not pick up sky encrypted channels etc. I thought they made that disclaimer to stop Mr Murchoc from sueing them. Also on the box it states it comes with a 1000 channels or something like that and mentions depending on the size of yer dish and the location what you can pick up. Does anyone have any info on this decoder and will it do what it states it cannot? Cus if all it can do is pickup standard UK channels using my sat dish like BBC and ITV etc, then I am not wasting my money. I will stick with me On-digital crap box and have sky reinstalled when I finally move, if ever. Things seem to have come to a standstill :frowning:

Any help will be great:cool: A.S.A.P if possible:bigsmile:

Will check me addy box later, as I am sure I am not the only person in the UK etc. to have seen this advertised. Last time they were for sale they sold out within mins, but did those peeps know what they were buying? I seek the truth only :bow:

Intercept…:smiley:

I’m not from the UK but perhaps i can be of some assistance.

The Lidl offer can be read here.

The brand name seems to be COMAG.

I have found an unofficial website here and they have a forum as well.

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
[B]I’m not from the UK but perhaps i can be of some assistance.

The Lidl offer can be read here.

The brand name seems to be COMAG.

I have found an unofficial website here and they have a forum as well. [/B]

Considering you are not from the UK and have put yourself out on my behalf by getting the info I require, which I couldn’t find, then you simply are a great person to know and you have my deepest respect for your help.:bigsmile: Thank You :cool:

You’re most welcome Intercept.

I’m quite curious (if ya buy it) , what the features and quality of the set are. I’m still thinking if i should purchase a sattelite reciever and a dish , or stick with cable.

I joined their forum and posted a new topic, so hopefully someone should have the info I require b4 the store opens. I don’t want to buy a bad egg and on the other hand I don’t want to miss out on what appears could pick up all sorts of channels. Possibly sky? Hence the disclaimer this box will not receive sky encrypted channels or terrestrial tv.:wink: I am making a big assumption that they state this to prevent Mr murdoch from placing a lawsuite against them.:frowning:

Here is a link to my post, its for you as well. If you don’t ask you don’t get!

http://com3.akheva.com/btheunofficialcomagsite.fmainchat.t16

I’d imagine that you will just pick up the un encoded stuff from the astra satellite. I didn’t notice whether it was digital or not so perhaps limited life?
One thing though, they are a pig to set up - the dish has to be exactly right apparently

Originally posted by DaneR
I’d imagine that you will just pick up the un encoded stuff from the astra satellite. I didn’t notice whether it was digital or not so perhaps limited life?
One thing though, they are a pig to set up - the dish has to be exactly right apparently

It is a digital decoder, and I was very lucky to get one, went to Lydl today, @ 9:50am and there was a queue of 20 people waiting. When the doors opened everyone ran in and one lad bought 5 of these digital decoders, and they were going like hotcakes. I got there and 3 were left, I grabbed one and then the other 2 went. They must have had about 30 packed on a shelf.:smiley: They had them in about 3 months back and the same thing happened they sold everyone.

I can say something the manageress is prob about by age and she is a drop dead true blonde bombshell OMG no details but never seen a woman in such good shape:p One good thing she always says hello to me, and has a nice smile;) Probably spoken for, but never mind:eek: Over the years I have found if a woman is easy to talk to you don’t have a problem, on the otherhand if she is making conversation difficult to maintain then its time to hit the highway :wink:

Intercept…:bigsmile: