Though they walk like we do
They live and they breathe
Just to turn the old screw
They screw you when you’re sleeping
They try to screw you blind
Some humans ain’t human
Some people ain’t kind”
© John Prine

These lyrics from John Prine’s latest release present a view I have supported for some time and an incident which occured late Thursday evening reinforced that view…
Around 11:00 PM on Thursday evening I was working in my shop on a project when the dog started barking and acting like he does when we have visitors…I looked thru the window towards the road and noticed a vehicle making a u-turn and speeding off…I didn’t think much about it but the dog continued to act strangely so I turned on the security light at the front gate and noticed a medium sized box lying in the snow…so we went out to check it out and when I picked it up a noise was heard, the sound of a cat meowing…I returned to the shop and opened the box, securely duct taped, and inside was a cat…A rather young pregnant cat…I immediately called The Boss and informed her of my discovery…After checking out the cat’s health, I prepared a wooden crate with some blankets, a heating pad and food/water…
The next day we took her to our Vet and were informed that she was around 9 months old and definitely pregnant plus very malnourished…Since then she has been on an “all you can eat” diet and kept in my shop until she’s healthy enough to deal with the other animals…
She is extremely affectionate and has been dubbed Sweetpea by The Boss, plus she seems to be infatuated with the dog…
Well, it looks like another addition(s) to the herd…My problem is I’m a sucker for kittens…

Awwwwwww :sad:…I’m so glad to hear you’ve taken her in, pipemanid - I’d have had to do the same.

Don’t know how anyone could leave an animal, particularly one in that condition, out in the cold snow like that :a

Just lucky there’s folks like you and your wife around. I’m sure the kitty will recover well in your care.

And some pics wouldn’t go amiss when she’s feeling better (of the cat, not “the Boss” :bigsmile: ).

That’s very cool of you!

You deserve a new avatar

I have a dog that is 17 years old she smells cannot hear very well, has accidents, and at times I would love to have her put to sleep but then I remember to good times. I am also 60 this month so I will be in this shape one of these days and I sure do not want someone to put me to sleep, even though my wife might if I start having accidents. She said tonight that she would only make me wear diapers, She is 8 years younger than me.
I picked up my grandkids at school the other day and the seven year old said grandpaw you and not going to be alive when we turn sixteen. I looked at him and said that in only 10 years I plan on living longer than that. He said but your sixty and I thought oh how great it would be to be back at that age when sixty was really old.
I guess my and the old dog will live a few more years so my wife just as well get the diapers for both of us.

Awww … that’s soo cute!

Nowadays, the stalk delivers in high powered machine, and drops off the mother too.

I live just outside of the nearest city limits and the city near me decided to make all pitbull owners register their pitbulls and spay or neuter them. Well since the law went into effect there’s pitbulls running loose around here that were dumped. A@@ hole pet owners…

pipemanid > I had a cat in the backyard not long after my old cat died and we got a puppy 2 days after my cat died. Needless to say the cat resides with us now. The puppy (9 1/2 months) and the cat get along great. Best buds.

I’ve never understood how people can be cruel to animals.
Our youngest dog (Max) was rescued by my husband from a house where he had been abandoned (hubby is a police officer).
We have had Max for nearly 2 years now and he is so sweet.

[B]Nice one Pipeman.[/B] :clap:

Yo D-

(and I don’t mean Dog)

So you take in a cat who is preggers and fawns after a dog (and I thought I was weird) - then take off for Borneo or wherever you disappeared to for four months before Christmas - thus leaving the Boss with the problem and probably the other half of the ‘Honey Do’ list that y’all came home to - only to come home again in a few weeks (assuming that some Indian doesn’t put a poisoned blow dart into ur ass) and having to now deal with the Boss - the old herd, the grandkids and now a couple dozen lil pussies too-

Good Luck and God Bless - ur goin’ to need it-eh!

Around 11:00 PM on Thursday evening I was working in my shop on a project when the dog started barking and acting like he does when we have visitors…I looked thru the window towards the road and noticed a vehicle making a u-turn and speeding off…I didn’t think much about it but the dog continued to act strangely so I turned on the security light at the front gate and noticed a medium sized box lying in the snow…so we went out to check it out and when I picked it up a noise was heard, the sound of a cat meowing…I returned to the shop and opened the box, securely duct taped, and inside was a cat…A rather young pregnant cat…I immediately called The Boss and informed her of my discovery…After checking out the cat’s health, I prepared a wooden crate with some blankets, a heating pad and food/water…
The next day we took her to our Vet and were informed that she was around 9 months old and definitely pregnant plus very malnourished…Since then she has been on an “all you can eat” diet and kept in my shop until she’s healthy enough to deal with the other animals…
She is extremely affectionate and has been dubbed Sweetpea by The Boss, plus she seems to be infatuated with the dog…
Well, it looks like another addition(s) to the herd…My problem is I’m a sucker for kittens…
good kharma for you…:slight_smile:

Picture as requested…
Unfortunately the kittens didn’t make it but “Squeaky” has done quite well. She has assumed control of my shop and reduced the mouse population according to The Boss… I haven’t been back long enough to be blessed with a dead one yet, but I’m sure that will change…
She and the dog have something going on but we’re practicing “Don’t ask, don’t tell”…
Spoiled rotten like the rest of the furry beasts around here…

She is absolutely gorgeous. Can I take her off your hands? :smiley:

Welcome back stranger :wink:

You’ll have to fight The Boss and the dog first…

Thanks…I’ve decided to retire from international travel and work in general after this last trip…

Yo Dogbreath-

“Gonna go back for a couple of weeks”…

Is that what you told The Boss too?

Well - things haven’t changed much around here 'cept Arachne and Geno amassing postings faster than Paris Hilton amasses enemies - I am still an exemplary example to the younger ones and quite enjoy my roll model status here at CDF-

Welcome back - and keep it clean-eh!!

Well it was supposed to be a “few weeks”, but some things aren’t meant to be…
I did spend a couple of weeks in Costa Rica visiting with a friend from college and his wife…
Managed to get in a little fishing before returning home, so the trip was worth it…
Glad to see that you are setting yourself up as an example to the younger generation because we all know that they need someone of “character” to emulate…Better you than I…
I’m getting ready to head over to Montana for a fly fishing trip just before the 4th and the inevitable crowds…
And the honey-do list is getting longer too…