Some help with dumping old optical burners

vbimport

Over the years I’ve bought numerous devices and managed to pass them onto friends/family where it was possible.

Anyway, I’ve been meaning to clear out some old drives and had these left over and was wondering which one (s) if any, I should keep ?

DVD Burners

Pioneer DVDR 111D
Benq 1640
NEC 2500A ( most probably 2510 )
BTC 2016 ( DVDRW-USB H16X )

CDRW Burners

4Kus CDR-6548
LiteOn 24103s ( most probably now 32xx )
Asus CDRW-5524A

CDRW/DVD Combos

LG GCC-4320B

Any suggestions ??

LOL … just found some old CDROMS as well

LiteOn LTN-483S
LiteOn LTN-403L

Personally speaking, I’d keep: the 1640, the LiteOn 24103s CDRW, and the Pio 111D :slight_smile:

rofl … just looking at your signature made me laugh, you seem to keep hold of a lot of hardware yourself :slight_smile:

I also think I have later versions of the LiteON CDRW … 48…S models, but it’s dark in the basement and I’ll have a good look round tomorrow in the day for the remainder of the hardware.

I’m planning to hand the hardware over to a charity shop, but was told by a friend they would not take electrical items for health & safety reasons, it seems a shame to put them in the trash.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

I know, I’m terrible, been meaning to trim my collection down a bit too :o…most of them are sitting in a box in the bedroom, LOL :bigsmile:

Yeah, it’s a shame charity shops won’t take anything electrical :frowning:

But you know. We have a Classifieds section, maybe offer the ones you plan to chuck to other members?

Edit: Or we did…can’t seem to find it now :doh:

Hi :slight_smile:
Give them away via freecycle.
http://www.freecycle.org/

[I]chrome307[/I], I pay you $50 for your DW1640, 35 Euro or 25 £.

PM me when wanna taking this offer. :wink: I’ll pay P/P.

Edit. [I]btw, zebadee[/I] must be joking…:flower:

Why get rid of any of them. You just need a bigger case :iagree: :smiley:

@ pinto2

thanks for the offer but my aim was to just give to them charity.

@ zebadee

Thanks for the link :slight_smile:

I actually found a charity shop PDSA ( animals ) which does take electrical goods and is close by to my workplace so I’m going to drop them off there.

Thanks again guys for the input.

Most would consider pinto2 as charity… :bigsmile:

But good for you that you’ve found a place that will take them.

[QUOTE=chrome307;2052663]
I actually found a charity shop PDSA ( animals ) which does take electrical goods and is close by to my workplace so I’m going to drop them off there.

Thanks again guys for the input.[/QUOTE]

That is great :clap: - a very worthwhile charity too IMO (I used to volunteer in one of their shops when we had one in the area) :slight_smile:

Nobody gives away a BenQ DW1640. I still use mine in my Vista Ultimate 64Bit test PC. The Pioneer 111D is better than most SATA drives now. I would make another PC for them to frolic in.