Some HDCP capable nVidia cards limit DVI to single link

I just posted the article Some HDCP capable nVidia cards limit DVI to single link.

According to this report on the Inquirer, those interested in going for a HDCP compliant card to prepare themselves for HD DVD or Blu-ray playback may still be faced with resolution restrictions…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/12699-Some-HDCP-capable-nVidia-cards-limit-DVI-to-single-link.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/12699-Some-HDCP-capable-nVidia-cards-limit-DVI-to-single-link.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

¿¿¿¿¿??? weeeeeeeeee … geezzzzzzzz … i know i’m spanish but i speak pretty good english (lived over in ireland for quite a few years) … but i didn’t understood a word of what it said. I’m computer literate, and i know everything to do with HDCP over DVI and all of that, but seriously, either i’m getting more stupid (wouldn’t surprise me :P) or the news were done kinda in a rush. Anyways, if somebody could throw a bit of light into it i’ll appreciate it. Also, i want to buy a Samsung 244T monitor (1920*1200) and wanted to know if anybody knows of a good card that sports such a resolution, and also, that’s pretty good with Doom 3. Cheers, lads.

Now you’ve dishonored the Spanish people :frowning: It’ written in a totally correct English. If you don’t understand it it’s because either you’re not such a computer literate as you say you are… or it’s because your English isn’t that good. Or maybe it’s a mixture of both. “but i didn’t understood a word of what it said.” -> understand, not understood “or the news were done kinda in a rush.” -> was, not were “and i know everything to do with” -> everything that has to do with :wink: “wouldn’t surprise me” -> Es mejor decir: I wouldn’t be surprised “and wanted to know if anybody knows of a good card that sports such a resolution, and also, that’s pretty good with Doom 3.” -> An expensive one :wink: ATi X1900 or nVidia 8800 will be the best options :slight_smile:

MORE NONSENSE This is a totslly benaine argument, 1920x1080 is the highest supported resolution for HD-DVD and Blueray, much like the DVD standard doesn’t allow upscaling of DVDs over component and all that. Does the HD-DVDBlueray standard allow on chip upscaling of video before it is sent, more to the point is it even beneficial to the final output, there’s a lot of people who say that upscaling is simply a gimmick. I’d disagree with that at the low res of a DVD, its certainly beneficial for a HD display, if the scaler in the display isn’t up to much. But I think the article writer is confused (as uaual for cdfreaks.com) and doesn’t actually realise that the fact it won’t pump out a res higher than 1920x1080 is actually totally irrelevent. This isn’t a drawback as the writer is implying its just information, try or otherwise, it won’t limit anything at all, to say as much, especially given the postition the articale writer is in, he has a duty to report honest and well researched news… HE HASN’T…AGAIN… Too many stupid articles, that are too boring, and mean nothing to anyone.

YOUR NOT LOSING ANYTHING, 1920X1080 IS THE NATIVE RES OF THE HI-DEF FORMATS!!!

The problem is that the image will appear totally messed up (stretched out) :r