Some good deals this Sun @ Best Buy

vbimport

EDIT
the lite-on for 9.99 is ONLINE ONLY Here is the direct link there is a cd labeler included in this deal BTW
Thanx to Johnr314 @ FW

this coming Sunday Best Buy will have

Digital Research 4X DVD+R/RW+CDRW internal drive $149.99 AR
($179.99 - $30 MIR = $149.99

100 pack FUJI cd-r $9.99 AR ($34.99 -10 IR -$15 MIR = $9.99)

80 GB 7200 RPM Western Digital HD w 8 MB buffer $59.99 AR
($109.99 - 30MIR - 20MIR = $59.99)

Fellows cd/dvd labeling kit FREE AR ($12.99 -2.99 IR -10MIR = FREE)

TDK 50 pack cd-r $ 2.99 AR ($19.99-7IR-10MIR=$2.99)

a similar post at FW with a few more items listed
Thanx dbzharsh

Best Buy - Free shipping online, instore pickup option.
$150 to $200 off select computers
$150 rebate on all notebooks and 24 month financing.
Sony FR130 XP 2000+ DVD/CDRW 14.1" Screen Notebook, save $350, now $849.99AR
Fuji 100 pack CDRs $9.99AR
Fuji 2.4x DVD+R 25 Pack $29.99AR
TDK 50 pack CDRs $2.99AR
I/O Magic 4x DVD+R/RW Writer $149.99AR
Lite-On 52x32x52 CD Writer $9.99AR 9(see edit above)
Avery CD Labelling Kit Free AR
Madden 2004 with promo offer on other games

buy early and buy often… good luck !

TDK 50 pack cd-r $ 2.99 AR ($19.99-7IR-10MIR=$2.99)

Just be warned, for those of you who care, these TDK discs can be CMCs. Just picked up a spindle, expecting to get RiTEK.

At least the Fuji discs were a good deal.

yeah given the choice between tdk and Fuji’s I would always go with the sure thing at least I know the fuji’s are always good and are worth the extra few bux

the lite-on for 9.99 is ONLINE ONLY Here is the direct link there is a cd labeler included in this deal BTW

are you sure its 9.99?!?! maybe it changed but its now 69.99

and what verison is the cdrw? maybe itz the one below…

LTR - 52327S
52x 32x 52x CD-RW Drive
Features :
-Innovated SMART-BURN technology to automatically check media quality and set limit to burning speed to ensure successful writing sessions & data retainability
-Buffer underrun error free & automatically adjust writing strategy plus running OPC to meet various burning condition
-SMART-X supporting high-speed DAE & VCD extraction for copying and automatically decreasing speed to provide smooth & noise-free playback for CD Audio / VCD titles
-VAS® ( Vibration Absorber System ) to reduce vibration & noise during recording & reading
-Support Fixed Packet, Variable Packet, TAO, SAO, DAO, Raw Mode Burning & Over-Burn
-Support format of CD Family, CD-R & CD-RW media ( up to 99 mins )
-Conforms to Orange Book Part 2,3, Volume 3 : Ultra Speed & MMC2 commands
-Support Mt.Rainier
-Plug&Play Device with Emergency Manual Eject function
-E-IDE Interface, support up to Ultra-DMA mode 2
-Use FlashROM supports internet firmware upgrade

WARNING!..WARNING!

I just went to Best Buy in Colorado Springs, Colo. to pick up the Fuji 100 pack and to my dismay…They were…

TAIWANESE…

When I’ve bought the 100 pack before, they were always bundled as 2 50-pack’s…this time, nope, one single stack and they weren’t the SAME…

So since I went so far out of the way to pick them up, I went ahead and paid FULL price for the 50-packs…Made in Japan, Taiyo Yuden…they were $17.99…no rebate…

I was bummed…So beware…if you think you gettin’ the good ones…check the package carefully…Who knows, maybe the Taiwanese ones are ok, but I like the TY…

This was presented as a public service announcement for those who are meticulous and anal retentive about cdr’s…LIKE ME!

:cop:

Originally posted by joelmon

Who knows, maybe the Taiwanese ones are ok, but I like the TY…

Joel,

If those are made by Ritek, there’s nothing to worry about, 'coz the quality is the same.
I’ve done many scans of the recent Riteks and here are the 2 latest ones

Hey Boskin,

I don’t know who the manufacturer is… I didn’t buy the 100-pack…just saw the discs looked different and “Made in Taiwan” on them…

Since I do alot of trading, many people only accept mitsui, ty or fuji(ty)…

I’ll just stick to the 50-packs, made in Japan, and wait for the rebates on them from now on, till I can verify the manufacturer of the “new” fuji’s…

I don’t wanna get cmc or a lousy maker…thanks for the head’s up about Ritek, though…

Originally posted by liquid2k2
[B]are you sure its 9.99?!?! maybe it changed but its now 69.99

and what verison is the cdrw? maybe itz the one below…

LTR - 52327S
52x 32x 52x CD-RW Drive
Features :
-Innovated SMART-BURN technology to automatically check media quality and set limit to burning speed to ensure successful writing sessions & data retainability
-Buffer underrun error free & automatically adjust writing strategy plus running OPC to meet various burning condition
-SMART-X supporting high-speed DAE & VCD extraction for copying and automatically decreasing speed to provide smooth & noise-free playback for CD Audio / VCD titles
-VAS® ( Vibration Absorber System ) to reduce vibration & noise during recording & reading
-Support Fixed Packet, Variable Packet, TAO, SAO, DAO, Raw Mode Burning & Over-Burn
-Support format of CD Family, CD-R & CD-RW media ( up to 99 mins )
-Conforms to Orange Book Part 2,3, Volume 3 : Ultra Speed & MMC2 commands
-Support Mt.Rainier
-Plug&Play Device with Emergency Manual Eject function
-E-IDE Interface, support up to Ultra-DMA mode 2
-Use FlashROM supports internet firmware upgrade [/B]

yes I am certain … you need to look at the package deal … try This link I already have received the drive and installed it and sent in the rebates

I’ve got a 100 pack of those Fujifilm CD-Rs Made in Taiwan. They are made by Prodisc. I tested one CD-R @ 48x burn and it came out with no errors - I used Nero CD Speed for the burning and reading.

Originally posted by aNgRy_ChInAmAn

…Fujifilm CD-Rs Made in Taiwan. They are made by Prodisc…
Does this mean that the TY era of Fuji is coming to its end ? :confused:

Originally posted by BoSkin
Does this mean that the TY era of Fuji is coming to its end ? :confused:

wow !@! I really hope not who else relabels TY disks ?? I need a fix arrrgggghhhh

BB has Fuji 50-ct spindles onsale again for $12.99 plus a $10 MIR.
This may be a last chance to stock up on TY-made Fuji.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
BB has Fuji 50-ct spindles onsale again for $12.99 plus a $10 MIR.
This may be a last chance to stock up on TY-made Fuji.

here on the east coast they are 4.99 after rebate this week 12.99 - 8.00 rebate at my local bb they are all 48x TY’s but only 1 rebate per household :frowning: (sorry boskin kept these for myself lol)

Thanks for the headsup Rgrimes…

I’m gonna get a couple cause even $12.99 is a great deal…plus I can also use other peoples addresses for a couple of “sneaky” rebates…:wink:

I hope the rebate :cop: don’t come after me!

:bow:

:bigsmile:

“sneaky” rebates…

I’m telling on you!

I may be mistaken about the rebate, It could be only $8, I threw the flyer away.

Hey rdgrimes…

I just got back from Colorado Springs BestBuy (120 mile roundtrip)with 2 packs of 50-Fuji (TY’s)…Yeah, the rebate is only $8.00…what a shame…that means after tax etc…each cdr costs about 12 cents…what a rip-off, huh?:bigsmile:

The girl at the counter had no problem ringing up 2 different sales so I could get 2 rebate forms…Now I just gotta wait about 10 weeks for the money back…:stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll be burning happily for the next couple of months or so…Yay!!!

I’m not afraid of you telling on me:cop:

cause you’ll probably do the same thing.:wink:

Originally posted by joelmon
[B]Hey rdgrimes…

I just got back from Colorado Springs BestBuy (120 mile roundtrip)with 2 packs of 50-Fuji (TY’s)…Yeah, the rebate is only $8.00…what a shame…that means after tax etc…each cdr costs about 12 cents…what a rip-off, huh?:bigsmile:

The girl at the counter had no problem ringing up 2 different sales so I could get 2 rebate forms…Now I just gotta wait about 10 weeks for the money back…:stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll be burning happily for the next couple of months or so…Yay!!!

I’m not afraid of you telling on me:cop:

cause you’ll probably do the same thing.:wink: [/B]

submit your rebate online here and get it back in 3 or 4 weeks sometimes less Link to fuji rebates

Hey lagger thanks…

Problem is…I don’t have a printer…I wonder if a reasonable facsimile of the form would suffice?

Register online, copy pertinent info…send off for quick rebate?

I’ll investigate further…:wink:

problemn with that is the form generated contains a unique bar code to identify your rebate request … maybe print to file or email the page to a friend with a printer will work for you

get a printer dood :slight_smile: here is a nice coupon to use

30 OFF $150 Coupon
Staples.com has $30 off any laser, copier, fax or multifunction machine purchase of $150 or more
Coupon code - 75059 - Expires 9/13