Some FIRST layout improvements

vbimport

OK, besides all the bug fixing and the server problems, we have started with some layout improvements today.

Some first fixes:

[ul]
[li]Background color of the total site is now grey, instead of white. On larger screens you now see more clear what the exact content is.
[/li][li]Forum Home: changed some colors, mainly the divisions between the different forum ‘sections’
[/li][/ul]

Yes - More to come later. But what do you think of these two changes?

Pretty settle changes so hard to notice the difference I think.

It is slightly less hard on the eyes using the light grey, but the tone could be darker.

Also, the edges of the central section need to be easier to see. I’ve included a pic.

Here’s an interesting conundrum: I entered my password wrong and there’s no indication as to where I can try again…

EDIT: NM, didn’t read the message to use the back button…

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2461665]It is slightly less hard on the eyes using the light grey, but the tone could be darker.

Also, the edges of the central section need to be easier to see. I’ve included a pic.[/QUOTE]

Something like this would be nice.

:cool::cool:

I think it’s still a work in progress :iagree:

Some slight difference’s that help. :smiley:

The forum headers are separated nicely but the inner sections should have a little more thickness/bold to the separation line.

Still a lot of white when you are in the New Post Section.

Moving right along :iagree:

Here’s a blow up showing more definitive boarders.

:cool::cool:

I was in the minority in that I didn’t find the original updated layout all that offensive.

That said, these changes are welcome improvements, definitely moving in the right direction. Easier on the peeps and the breakup of forums with borders gives some much needed contrast.

I do prefer the overall look and layout design of the new site compared to the old v2, it just needs a bit more refinement. I’ve no doubt you will get it right, although as has been said, it will never please everyone.

looks better platinumsword…more legible and defined…visible boundaries/borders