Some features should be in DVDFab

when i was backing up my movie dvds which were dvd9,i used dvdshrink and also i used clonedvd,why have these apps got a feature like dvd9 to dvd5 or compression and why hasn’t dvdfab platinum got this feature?

I can back up dvds splitting 2 dvd5 by using dvdfab but i want to compres %20 or %30 with dvdfab

producers should think this thread

and in addition dvdfab and vso software (copy2DVD) are working great together

Also they should add a menu called extras
for example dvdfab gold menu include ‘wizard’ ‘full disc’ and ‘main movie’ i think there should be a menu ‘extras’
it ll extricate the extras from full disc

Maybe this will help.
Platinum is comprised of Gold and Express:
Gold will not compress…period. If the file size is larger than 4.37 GB, then you must burn either to a DL or split to two SL.

Express will automatically compress if the file is larger than 4.37, ie., there is no option to split. You can however, burn to a DL. If you choose main movie, there is limited configurabilty re: options such as subtitles and audio streams.

Express will automatically compress if the file is larger than 4.37

but i cant choose audio …etc many dvd have more than 1 audio option and one of them is almost 500 mb,

You can however, burn to a DL. If you choose main movie, there is limited configurabilty re: options such as subtitles and audio streams.

ok i can pass this step by using main movie option which is in dvdfab gold but many of the movies whether you remove audios …etc are 5-5.5 gb,so i need compression again ,i am asking this myself again and again,if i choose compression why dont i use clonedvd2 from the beginning and in that case dvdfab crashes for me :frowning: i am really sorry,i know they are working hard about copy protection but if they want to do something for users
they should add a multifunctional dvd compression

but dvdidlepro is my best,better than anyDVD,really good job,what can i say,a product must be like dvdidle pro,really great app.

Main movie option exists both in Express and Gold…I was referring to Express but the limited configurabilty re: subtitles and audio streams is offered in both applications. In Express, it’s a little weird…you have to hold down the control key and toggle on and off with your mouse. The purple highlighting indicates that it is toggled on.

Hope this helps

hi maineman! you were in the old forum, didn’t you? hope all people could reach this new forum.

I think DVDFAB is a fine tool and users always want more, more, more. Here are the features I would like to see.

** Major Change **
For Plantinum users dump the DVDFAB express and DVDFAB Gold and have a single DVDFAB Platinum Series. This way DVDFAB express could stay the same along with DVDFAB Gold, But the Platinum series would have the all the functionality of the Gold and Express plus the following:

• Function to skip all the previews and user prohibit functions of the disk
    1.) Ability to select languages and special features
    2.) Ability to re-author the disc
    3.) Ability to split a larger DVD into two smaller ones
    4.) New plug in feature for copy protection removal

Item #4 would allow DVDFAB program to stay the same, while the plug in could be updated for new copy protection schemes.

I think these would be great features and I would love to see DVDPlatinum in a single application.

BTW I have tried to burn a Dual layer disc and the application still wants to split the disc up? I have checked the Dual layer button in setup? I ended up using DVD Shrink and burning a 4.7GB with DVDFAB. I am sure it’s something I am doing wrong but I don’t know what

Yeah, something is screwy re: DL burn in gold. When you initially open gold > click wizard > select source and click next > click “Copy disc fully” without splitting {not DVD9 > DVD5 compression}
Hopefully, this will do it for you.

Also, re:"…3.) Ability to split a larger DVD into two smaller ones…"
If the file exceeds 4.37 GB (SL disc), this, already is featured within the application…but maybe I’m not understanding you correctly…

Hope this helps.

ohhh poop! Your right it does support that feature.