Some DVDs won't play on my computer...but play on DVD player

vbimport

Help! I receive some DVDs from Netflix and try to copy them, but my computer will not read the discs…says the drive is empty. However, the next disc will read and copy just fine. I can play the problem discs on my DVD player just fine, and I’ve noticed the problem discs auto-play trailers before going to the menu. Most recent discs with problems are “500 Days of Summer” and “Night at the Museum 2”. Is there someway I can get these discs to play so I can copy them?

Get VLC player & see if you can Play these discs.
Copying them is a whole different story.
First problem is you don’t own discs you rent from Netflix.
It would be a violation of forum rules to help you copy them.
Helping you Play them is OK.

[QUOTE=MudSlide;2488332]Help! I receive some DVDs from Netflix and try to copy them, but my computer will not read the discs…says the drive is empty. However, the next disc will read and copy just fine. I can play the problem discs on my DVD player just fine, and I’ve noticed the problem discs auto-play trailers before going to the menu. Most recent discs with problems are “500 Days of Summer” and “Night at the Museum 2”. Is there someway I can get these discs to play so I can copy them?[/QUOTE]
Please read our forum rules. We will not help you copying a disc you do not own, that would be copyright infringement. Please help us, help you by reading our forum rules. Thankyou.:wink:

Sorry about violating the rules.
I can delete and repost the question, but I don’t have any experience with forums.
How do I do about doing this?

Can you tell me what VLC Player is?

You cannot alter your posts after a certain period of time.

VLC media player is a free program for your computer that can play many different formats, including dvd-video. You can find it here: www.videolan.org