Some Clasic SilverX Moments

Before anyone reads this, i dont want you to think im going against the spirit of the board…i just saw a lot of funny comments comming from one person even though countless moderators tried to correct him. So i thought i would put them all in one place, perhaps a method of self reflection…

cheers
P.S: yes i have too much free time today… :stuck_out_tongue:

Q: My cd recorder - Ricoh MP 7240 is not supported by Roxio - there is no warning on the box nor any warning on their web site that cd recorders may not be supported. I downloaded the update - but the machine is not supported. I emailed Roxio (have waited 4 weeks + for a reply). Very poor customer service. Luckily Nero supports my recorder (& they respond to emails). I have wasted my money with Easy Cd - who knows when or if it will ever be supported by Roxio.

A: that must suck…

Q: Hi I want to install Direct CD v5.1.0.209 Platinum , but the installer tells me that I need to have installed WinOnCD.
Is there some way to cheat the installer?

A: why would someone pay for a program when it is so easy to hack?

Q: Hi there, I have a friend of mine who is using a G4 Mac with a DVD burner. Does anyone know if the software will allow backups of DVD’s eg PS2 games or movies?
Any help would be appreciated.

A: isn’t that for macs?

Q: Hello folks!
For some unknown reason I cannot boot from my SCSI cdroms (PX32TS / PXW1210S) using my Advansys controller.
Being that I’ll need to reinstall win2k professional, and I’m not going to fight with 4 floppies, I was wondering IF and HOW can I boot from my internal ATAPI ZIP?
My mobo supports this feature, but I really cannot figure out how to create a bootable / install zip - it should contain the scsi drivers, so I can eventually insert my win2k cdrom and start the setup from there - or am I just dreaming
I hope it can be done!

A: why would you want to do that anyways?

Q: Anyone know where to download software for testing CD quality(c1 & c2 errors)? Except Nero CD speed…

A: Ooh, I need something like that too…

Q: (in the General Hardware Forum) I have abit Kt7A Mthbd/via 4-1 chipset with amd k7 cpu, 512 ram, win98SE.
Ever since I started using this bd with my Zip 100 drive, the zip has been erratic and almost useless. Installed latest Iomega ware etc and been in touch with them, they are useless-want me to send them my zip and then sell me a zip250 usb for same price I can get it on internet. It has been suggested to me to disable zip in present config and designate it as “floppy B” and it should work with Via chipset. How do I go about this? Also, should I remove Iomega ware if I use floopy ? Any help would be appreciated.I miss using the zip-very handy for storing drvrs etc.

A: i thought this was a “cd” forum…

Q: sd3 is a total fake,
yesterday i bought gta3, game rocks, i been hearing about the sd3 all over the place so i decided to run some tests
i ran safedisc analyzer on the exe files for gta3, and it returned safedisc 2.51, ok so i then ran sd analyzer on project earth and it returns safedisc 2.6
which proves that the safedisc analyzer i got can identify new copy prtoecteions easily and gta3 has sd 2.51 not 3.0
also i then decided to copy the cd
i used my plextor 24x that has firmware 1.0 and used fujifilm cds to copy it, burned it at 8x
And both cds work on my plextor and on the samsung drive i got which is a good enuf backup for me.
safedisc 3 is not on gta3 there is no way that macrovision can release safedisc 2.6 less than a month ago and then have a whole new version of safedisc developed and tested in less than a month.
im sure even betablocker will work fine on this image, even tho i havent tested it with bb
liek i said many times i dont got a toshiba drive so i dunno if i made myself a perfect 1:1 copy of it but the rest of u are welcome to try it, if u arent afraid of safedisc 3.0 LOL

A: so did you make a good copy or not?

Thanks SliverX :wink:

Funny :smiley:

Hope he doesn’t take it the wrong way :wink:

Also hope my posts aren’t that funny :smiley:

probably sliverx reply:

was that about me?

LOL, yes. A few mods noticed this.

Some people do really care a lot about the number of posts to their name…don’t really understand why, but that is just the way it is

Always “fun” to see such ‘valuable’ contributions to this forum…

He is really trying hard to build up a reputation…a bad one

To make 50 posts in one day that really do not contribute in any way is, in my opinion, really pathetic and makes me think he is only in it for the posts (luckily he has a long way to go to get in the top 3, where the number of posts is far over 5,000).

Posts mean squat…well, they might give an indication on how much time is spent on this forum, but that is not even entirely true.

When looking at some people’s posts, they are not as frequent, but quite extensive most of the times, they have spent far more time here than someone that spits out 50 one line posts…

It is quality that counts, not quality…and unfortunately, it is quality that lacks in this user’s posts

Originally posted by Smart@$$
It is quality that counts, not quality…

Edit: I reckon you are meaning quality counts, not quantity. I did not notice that until after I had posted. :confused:

This lyrics just struck my mind when I read your post. It is “another kind” of quality, but still food for thought. :rolleyes:

Bad Religion - Quality Or Quantity

offer me eternity,
and I’ll trade a cup of coffee and a dime,
looking for a handout behalf of those who have so little time,
but who wants to live on just 70 cents a day?
padding your pockets doesn’t makethis a better place,
“cereal and water” is a feast for some you say,
you price-tag on existence can’t cover your double-face

quality or quantity: a choice you have to make

dipping in the icing,
bringing home he largest turkey from the field,
breaking all the piggy banks,
scooping up the booty,
licking all the right holes,
bolstering the payroll,
why reduce life to a dollar amount per day?
and why let the world think
this is the american way,
your uneaten greens are a feast for
some you say,
survival and living are concepts
you can’t equate

quality or quantity, don’t tell me they’re the same

Umm… so why are you people posting? Trying to jack up your post counts?

why would someone pay for a program when it is so easy to hack?

Because some people are honest. But not in the IT. In this domain you will always find a friend who have it( I mean the software).

Originally posted by Stoner
Umm… so why are you people posting? Trying to jack up your post counts?

As if I have to do that still :confused:

And now a question for you:
Why would you bring up a post that is almost 5 months old, for no apparent reason?

Originally posted by Da_Taxman
And now a question for you:
Why would you bring up a post that is almost 5 months old, for no apparent reason?

Hahahaha, got him there, Tax :slight_smile:

Ahh, this old thread. Forgot about it. SilverX isnt the only poster who does this. I dont want to give any names,cough 2nds#$^ cough, but it is not as rare as people think.

shrugs People are stupid. Wait 24 hours and you’ll find out why.

ahhhhhhh…this old thread…such memories.

Originally posted by Huzzy
ahhhhhhh…this old thread…such memories.
So where’s sliverX BTW? I havent seen him around for quite a while … :slight_smile:

SliverX hasn’t been back after this one day of 50+ posts…

Originally posted by Hemispasm
So where’s sliverX BTW? I havent seen him around for quite a while … :slight_smile:

User profile of SliverX

Last Activity: 2002-05-22 23:42:00
Last Post: 2002-05-22 23:41:54

Originally posted by Da_Taxman
[B]
User profile of SliverX

Last Activity: 2002-05-22 23:42:00
Last Post: 2002-05-22 23:41:54 [/B]

Perhaps he self-reflected too much… ?