Some Blu Ray Qestions

vbimport

If i find no good quality blank dvd a different or backup option maybe could be blu ray dvd discs. Or maybe now is the right time to buy into blu ray since the drive prices have fallen (ok not yet fully to dvd prices but getting). Blu Ray at £1 or less a disc it’s daft not to look for blu ray as an option for data storage.

1. 25gb thought they said 250gb was possible using either 250gb or 25gbg disc anyone know of developments for that.

2. I take it 4x speed is still the best pc blu ray rw drives are now. How long does it take to write a full 25gb of data to one of these discs.

3. With above question if faster speed blu ray drives available how long do they take to write 25gb of data to a disc.

4. What is the best $£1 or sub $£1 single layer price discs at the moment.

[QUOTE=robbi;2563167]

1. 25gb thought they said 250gb was possible using either 250gb or 25gbg disc anyone know of developments for that.[/QUOTE]

25 GB = a single layer BD-R format, the most common and cheapest
50 GB = a dual layer BD-R format, usually about 3-5x times more expensive the SL media
100 & 120 GB = a triple-layer and 4-layer “BD-R XL” format, extremely expensive (> $60 a piece) and incompatible with existing blu-ray readers and writers
A BD-R media with larger capacities than 120 GB do not exist yet.

[QUOTE=robbi;2563167] 2. I take it 4x speed is still the best pc blu ray rw drives are now. How long does it take to write a full 25gb of data to one of these discs.[/QUOTE]
~ 24 minutes

[QUOTE=robbi;2563167] 3. With above question if faster speed blu ray drives available how long do they take to write 25gb of data to a disc.[/QUOTE]
6x: 17-18 minutes
8x: ~13 minutes
10x: ~11 minutes

[QUOTE=robbi;2563167] 4. What is the best $£1 or sub $£1 single layer price discs at the moment.[/QUOTE]
Pay a little more and get a decent media like Verbatim (not LTH!), Panasonic or Sony.