Some basic questions about DVD+RW

First of all this seems like a great site! I just bought an Lg DVD burner and RW DVDs. I was wondering if the material on the DVD+RW can be edited; that is can I remove one file from the disk or do I need to delete all the files? I also assume that I can add at a later date is this true?
Can DVD media with MP3’s audio files be played on a regular CD (stereo or car) that can play CD-R’s.
Final question related to above I have audio book files but they are too big to fit unto a CD-R disk is there away for MP3 files to be split so that they can be spread over a number of Cd’s
Thanks

Hi and Welcome!

There are multisession modes, that allow adding (and virtual removing) files to the disc. Many people don’t think, this is a reliable method.
Also, you can’t use DVD+RW or -RW like a harddisk in order to edit files on them. But fortunately this drive supports DVD-RAM. And this type of media indeed allows the disc to be used like a big floppy disc :slight_smile:

Can DVD media with MP3’s audio files be played on a regular CD (stereo or car) that can play CD-R’s.
No. For reading DVD media, you need a laser unit that is designed for DVD.

Final question related to above I have audio book files but they are too big to fit unto a CD-R disk is there away for MP3 files to be split so that they can be spread over a number of Cd’s
Is that one single, big MP3 file? Yes, there should be software that allows splitting audio files including MP3. You might try Audacity, it’s totally free software :slight_smile:

Michael