Some AVI files dont play in DVD player

I have a dvd player that plays avi files, but with some it actually can’t. When I place the AVI files it cant play on the desktop they have a little icon in the corner such as a wmp or vlc image - any ideas?

Do the avi files play ok on the computer? Do you know what codec was used when making them? Try opening them with Gspot Video utility and tell use some of the specifications of the avi files, or post a screenshot of the window from Gspot.

If you want them to play on the dvd player, you may have to reencode them to a format it will accept. There are many free tools for converting avi to dvd for example, like FAVC or DVDFlick.

Its a Sigmatek xs-700 dvd player that plays xvid, avi etc. I Don’t have to covert files I just copy them in that format to the disc. But some of the avi files dont play.

Well, if they don’t play in their current format, you probably can’t change the way the dvd player works without a firmware update, which may or may not be available.

Which leaves changing the avi file to something you know the player can recognize.

Its a Sigmatek xs-700 dvd player that plays xvid, avi etc. I Don’t have to covert files I just copy them in that format to the disc. But some of the avi files dont play. When on the desktop the icons I can’t play have a symbol of a media player software (vlc player cone), but the ones I can play don’t (just icon of film reel).

Deskto Icons

Can play this one

Can’t play this one

Some players don’t support every divx formats.

The properties of the two avi files are very different. Both are using Xvid, but the frame rate, resolution and audio are all different from one another.

You could try reencoding the avi file that is not playing and setting everything to match the other avi file. Use Vdub.

Do these files actually play with VLC in the computer? Or are they corrupted somehow?

They play no problem on the computer.

[QUOTE=triple_triad;1959959]Some players don’t support every divx formats.[/QUOTE]
:iagree:
What proggy are you using to burn your disc?

I just drag and drop or sometimes nero data files.

[QUOTE=Aidyb;1959992]They play no problem on the computer.[/QUOTE]

Ridiculous! :rolleyes:
You steal (pirated) movies and then nag about them not playing on your standalone… :cop:

Working now cheers :clap:

I have the same problem that you are having. Since your problem has been solved can u please help me ???

Welcome steven321. The tread you posted in is a couple years old, however If you read the whole thread you acn probably figure it out. Kerry’s post number 7 is probably the best advice.