Solid PC system for DAE and CD-R burning?

vbimport

Hi all … I’m new to this forum. I’ve been gleaning the forum for a while but this is my first post. I looking to build a PC based system that will be used mainly for Digital Audio Extraction of CDs, archiving the audio to hard-drive space, then making high quality (or exact) backups to CD-Rs. I managed to get hold of a Plextor PX-40TSi SCSI CD-ROM drive and a Plextor PX-W4012TS SCSI CD-RW burner (based on the recommendations of others in this group) and a crap load of Taiyo Yuden CD-Rs. I currently have about 250 music CDs, but I’m sure my music collection will grow. I want to build a system around these components with an emphasis on quality, not necessarily speed.

I’m assuming I can use PlexTools for the DAE and burning. Any recommendations for the other hardware components/software in this system? Will a P2 or P3 be sufficient? Anything else I should consider?

Thanks. :slight_smile:

A P3 should be plenty. Software-wise EAC with AccurateRip (or PlexTools Pro for problem discs) for ripping/burning and flac for lossless archival is all you need. If you are concerned about system stability, put in at least a 300W PSU into that box.

Thanks for your help! … I figured processor probably wouldn’t be as important since most of the work will be offloaded to the SCSI devices. I’ll see about getting a good power suppy.

So I should use EAC for burning also? How does it compare to PlexTools?