Solid Burn Opinions on DW-1655

vbimport

Hi all,

Just wondering what your opinions are on whether it is better to have Solid Burn active for both known and unknown media.

I currently use Taiyo Yuden (TYG02) media with Solid burn de-activated for known media and activated for unknown media.

Have you guys had better results with SB on, even if the firmware (I’m using BCDB) does support the media.

Any coments would be appreciated. :clap:

Hi :slight_smile:
Personally I have SB enabled for all media regardless. Philips the ‘inventor’ of SB has this feature enabled for all media regardless. They should know a thing or two. BenQ actually recommend SB enabled for known media despite the fact their f/w leaves it disabled.
In reality the best answer is to try it out for yourself. There are other factors in play here. Your setup, temp etc all play a part. So what works for me, isn’t guaranteed to do the same for you.

I have always left mine as it comes but as zebadee says try it,I am going to enable it and burn a known disc and then compare it with a preburn with it off.
Bruce

So far SolidBurn enabled have been as good as or better than SolidBurn disabled for me, and I use only quality media from Verbatim, Plextor (Taiyo Yuden) and TDK.

But try it out yourself with your own drive and media!

Yea the more I read the more I belive I will set it that way now on.
Bruce