Soldiers of anarchy

vbimport

Has anyone out there made a successful backup of Soldiers of Anarchy?
so far I have come up with coasters. It is supposed to be protected by both Securerom new and defective sectors?
Could this “double” protection scheme be the problem?

Yes. The custom double protection is likely to cause problems as the mass of bad sectors is likely to stuff up the dpm/bwa measurement. :frowning:

If anyone has succeeded in copying this game (or even running an image of it from a virtual drive), please post details of the hardware, software and settings used.

I managed a backup that runs flawlessly and authenticates in under 5 mins using Blindwrite and a Liteon 24102b.

BWABuilder and burn from the newest BlindWrite (4.2.8) = Coaster

BWABuilder from 4.2.8 and BW 4.2.5 to burn = perfect backup

Who knows why… It’s a standard Securom backup, nothing fancy. Also make sure you two update any versions of Deamon Tools you may have installed, you might be running into a blacklist or something?

Yes useing my method latest bwa with 4.2.5 you can back this game up perfectly…

use my walkthrough … and you will have no problems…

@ MrRatt

Please send your bwa file to FutureProof so he can upload it for the bwa download sticky thread.

@ MrRatt

also remember the bwa you submit try and make its spikeless

the better the curve means updates can work

The BWA is perfect… I have no idea how to send it in or anything…

The only question I have about this game is if it can be played over LAN using a single cd-key or if my friend would have to buy a key to do it… Havent had time to test it, so if anyone knows let me know…

Originally posted by MrRatt
[B]The BWA is perfect… I have no idea how to send it in or anything…

The only question I have about this game is if it can be played over LAN using a single cd-key or if my friend would have to buy a key to do it… Havent had time to test it, so if anyone knows let me know… [/B]

im not shure about the lan question but
go into the bwa sticky thread and read the top text
it tells you what to do to send them to futureproof ok :slight_smile:

thanks for the response guys, really appreciate it.
Had only tried Alcohol and CloneCd up to this point.
Will get busy with BlindWrite. Its a great program.
Good to know the old 24102B Litey is still up there with its big brothers.

Originally posted by dodgydude
thanks for the response guys, really appreciate it.
Had only tried Alcohol and CloneCd up to this point.
Will get busy with BlindWrite. Its a great program.
Good to know the old 24102B Litey is still up there with its big brothers.

Glad i could help out :slight_smile:

BWA sent to FutureProof… worked flawless for me as long as I remembered to burn it in an older BW… Flawless as in <10 seconds…

MrRatt

[B]BWA sent to FutureProof… worked flawless for me as long as I remembered to burn it in an older BW… Flawless as in <10 seconds…

MrRatt [/B]

Nice :slight_smile:

Hah shit i got edited… Ah well…

[You noticed, huh (and you would have copped a warning too except that your posts in this thread have otherwise been helpful). Warez are not permitted on this forum. …philamber]]

I also got a perfect RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 BWA, but i see it was just made public… So I guess there is no need to post that!

MrRatt

I.ve tried to back this game up a week before Christmas by using Blindwrite v4.2.8.0 and Lite On 24102b. It took endless hours to read. Then I gave up and used Clone CD instead just checked on Fast Error Skip. It took me three hours to read the image. Then I load the image up in the virture Clone CD drive. The image work flawlessly. Somehow as soon as I burned the image to CD the game just wouldn.t work. Then I tried again with Clone CD v4.2.0.2 with FES and intelligence Bad Sector Scanner on. Like Blindwrite v4.2.8.0 took countless hours to read. I remember I went to bed at 9:30pm and got up and 6:00am and found out the image is still continuing. I couldn;t believe it so I gave up as well. If any of you guy have luck on this game. Can you post the setting please!:a

Will sure post if I have success with this game.

The best software combo to backup the newest SecureRom seems to be BlindWrite 4.2.5 and BWA Builder 4.2.8 (thanks to Virus2k for figuring that one out).

MrRat loks to have had success with that using the LiteOn 24102B. Like yours my Litey near blew a gasket trying to read the image in my earlier attempts. There is some 70 mb of unreadable stuff contained in 2 files on the disc.

Anyways its a challlenge

@ gamesfanatic

is your version of SOA US or EU ?
if EU try checking with a securom/safedisc scanner if that game really is protected with Securom 4.77+ and in case it is, post what exact version

i appologize if it seems like a stupid thing to do, but what you are describing sounds more like ProRing used in many new EU game retails.

Well, My Liteon 24102b didnt have any problems readin the USA Retail, so like Crash-Bot says theres probably something more to it…

There is some other protection on the SOA US disc tho… Does anyone know what it is? I’ve heard rumors it is SD 2.9?

[B]Well, My Liteon 24102b didnt have any problems readin the USA Retail, so like Crash-Bot says theres probably something more to it…

There is some other protection on the SOA US disc tho… Does anyone know what it is? I’ve heard rumors it is SD 2.9? [/B]

I herd rumours that ddump and fireburner combination can kill this protection on this game…

give it a try :slight_smile:

Crash-Bot! I really have no idea what version this game is. I havd had luck backing up Warcraft 3 and Neverwinternight with my Lite ON 24102B. It is one hell of the best burner money can buy today. Not until the introduction of the New Securom v4.8xx which gave people a lot of hard times backing it up. I wonder how far will this goes. If this is protected by Safe Disc v2 to v2.80. The Litety can handle the easily. This New Securom in which build into the Soldier of Anarchy is really a pain in the arse to crack. I just wait until one day we be able to get a new burning program to beat it.:frowning:

Thanks for the tip Virus2k

Crash-Bot, the version causing me grief is the Australian one.