Soldier of Fortune 2

vbimport

just got this game today and have to say i wasn't a violent man but now im not so sure. i get real satisfaction when i sneak up behind an unsuspecting victim and blow his leg (well most of his body actually) clean off with a pump action shotgun and then watching him squirm on the floor, mourning for his mummy. (yes i am booked in to see the doctor 2morrow:p)

but on a more serious note i checked with cloney as there is no protection on either disk. i got the uk version and i can make a backup with no options checked in cloncd and also i can use nero.

i thought it had the latest version of sd2.xx. im not complaing :smiley: but isn't this a bit strange?

K, i don’t want to insalt you or accuse you of anything, but i was just wondering if you have the Store Version, as in did you goto store and buy it? I don’t have the game yet, but it is weird for it not to have protections on it at all, and why i am asking if you bought it is because usually the released CCD or ISO version they remove the protection and then crack the CD to make it work. Just wondering if this was the case. PS. if you did download it, don’t worry about the BSA or BRUNA comming after you, cause after your last message i don’t think that Bin laden would even want to mess with you. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

lol… don’t worry it would take an awful lot to insult me.

i bought it in a uk store called game (would u like me to email u the receipt:p )

can anybody in uk confirm that there is no protection. it does have though a serial key.

i’m not from the uk, but i can assure you that the game has no copy protection:)

the game only has a key code I also purchased the game (compUSA) $34.95

im now really disappointed. i only buy the games to see the latest protection and then to defeat it. oh yes and playing comes a close second:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Hey hburrows83,

I just bought SoF2 from EB, which is part of Game or turning into Game or something weird like that?

Anyway the odd thing is too thought it had SD2.51.xx and indeed when I scanned it with ClonyXXL v2.0.0.6 it said it had SD2.51.

However when I copied it using CloneCD4.0.0.1 and then ran the image through betablocker it found nothing to patch. So I burned it like a normal SD2 game and it worked fine.

I ran ClonyXXL on it again and it now says it has absoutely no protection on it. So all it does it check that the CD is in the drive when you play :slight_smile:

Is this a turn around with the producers of software? Have they come to their senses and done away with copy protection? I hope so. The reason I say this is another game I bought recently was JKII which also had no protection on it.

I really like this CD key authentication, there is no real way around it and as more and more people buy games to play online you have to buy the game to get a key so they don’t bother with copy protection on the CD (well thats my theory :stuck_out_tongue: )

Spunky

CD key only. No protection.

i agree spunkster, we (well the clever people) will always find a way to break the protections and it seems that the best way to stop peeps d/l it, is with a key code. still i like the challenge of burning new cds.

also played sof2 even more now and wow, i had no idea the complexity of the ghoul dememberment. if u kill a guy and then take each limb individually u can see each stage from skin wounds, to bone problems and then total loss of leg problems. its weird that these type of games show us as real to life as possible and it should scare most people but i find more interesting than scary. i know im blabbering :bigsmile:

Originally posted by hburrows83
…i only buy the games to see the latest protection and then to defeat it…
Store Clerk: “May I help you, sir”

hburrows83: 'I want to return this game"

Store Clerk: “What’s wrong with it?”

hburrows83: “Nothing, that’s the problem!”

Store Clerk: “Nothing…? What’s the problem?”

hburrows83: “Nothing! There’s nothing but a bloody game on there! I paid for copy protection, not someone’s idea of entertainment.”

Store Clerk: “Ummmm…”

hburrows83: “Yup. The damn thing’s not even oversize. No illegal TOC and I can’t even use FES!”

Store Clerk: “Ummm…”

hburrows83: “OK, I’ll help you out, do you have the Ukranian version of Cossacks? I hear that StarForce is a bitch.”

hburrows83: “Oh, alright. Gimme two SD2s, .021 if you don’t mind and a SecuROM new please. In a bag, in a bag!”

Man in White Coat: “Come with me please, sir.”

Second Man in White Coat: “Harry, I thought we’d seen the last of these when CloneClinic went bust.”

Man in White Coat: “Naw, I was over at Daemon’s Forum just the other day; locked up a guy that said SD3 had been released”

Second Man in White Coat: “Sheesh! Who let that out?”

Man in White Coat: “Dunno, but his codename is DoMiN8Tor - never met him.”

Whehehe, LMFAO :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :smiley:

FutureProof, MUAHAHAHHAA i can’t stop laughin!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Justa a TIP:--------x``````````````````DDDDDDDDDD

WHAHAHAHAHA good one !!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bow:

well what can i say. im flattered. glad to see futureproof has put so much effort into it. if u gonna do something do it properly. also futureproof u don’t have to pm me. don’t be so impatient to see whether or not i bite to ur creative work. but unfortunately ive been around for a while :bigsmile: and so its np

i guess we have to accept the australians for who they are. i guess when we exiled all those nice people there it had some side effect on the ingdigenous populatopn.

LOL,

I can’t stop crying its so funny LOL.

Originally posted by FutureProof
[B]Store Clerk: “May I help you, sir”

hburrows83: 'I want to return this game"

Store Clerk: “What’s wrong with it?”

hburrows83: “Nothing, that’s the problem!”

Store Clerk: “Nothing…? What’s the problem?”

hburrows83: “Nothing! There’s nothing but a bloody game on there! I paid for copy protection, not someone’s idea of entertainment.”

Store Clerk: “Ummmm…”

hburrows83: “Yup. The damn thing’s not even oversize. No illegal TOC and I can’t even use FES!”

hburrows83: “OK, I’ll help you out, do you have the Ukranian version of Cossacks? I hear that StarForce is a bitch.”

hburrows83: “Oh, alright. Gimme two SD2s, .021 if you don’t mind and a SecuROM new please. In a bag, in a bag!”

Man in White Coat: “Come with me please, sir.”

Second Man in White Coat: “Harry, I thought we’d seen the last of these when CloneClinic went bust.”

Man in White Coat: “Naw, I was over at Daemon’s Forum just the other day; locked up a guy that said SD3 had been released”

Second Man in White Coat: “Sheesh! Who let that out?”

Man in White Coat: “Dunno, but his codename is DoMiN8Tor - never met him.” [/B]

lmao!

:bow:

lol, isn’t CD-Checks and CD-Key enough for you? :wink: