Sold! One parking spot, only $300,000

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31314404/ns/business-local_business/

BOSTON - A real estate agent said a resident of Boston’s upscale Back Bay section plunked down $300,000 to own what is believed to be the priciest parking space in the city’s history.

Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage agent Debra Sordillo told The Boston Globe that several residents of a building on Commonwealth Ave. bid for the coveted space, driving up what had been the original asking price of $250,000.

Only in America would we pay this.

Good grief $300,0000 for a parking spot :confused: man someone has more money than sense it seems. :rolleyes: :eek:

But it has such a sweet view…:rolleyes:

They can have mine for € 1000 a year…

I had not thought of selling mine I have four or five at my house I will sell for half that and throw in a cake

That’s chump change compared to the one that’s for sale in Vail, Colorado

[U][B]Vail parking space on sale for $500,000[/B][/U]

[B]Link:[/B] http://www.vaildaily.com/article/20081124/NEWS/811249955/1062&title=Vail%20parking%20space%20on%20sale%20for%20$500,000

Wonder if he dropped his price since Nov 2008.

:cool::cool:

I’d buy myself a couple of Smart Cars and park them both in it…

$300k would hire a lot of limo’s. I wonder what their car cost!

I agree debro :iagree:

Even a Taxi would do. Plus, you would also have the advantage of not having to fill your tank, carry out servicing, etc. not to mention having to worry about getting a parking space at the place you’re heading to.

Finally, a $300,000 parking space does not guarantee that someone else will not illegally park in it or in front of it. :disagree:

i swear anyone who pays that for a fricking parking space should be shot. lol

even if i was sick rich i just could not pay those prices for a fricking parking spot! , it’s insane. because you could get ALOT of better stuff for 300k… hell 300k would be like hitting the lottery for alot of people and could change peoples lives and all he gets is a fricking parking spot lol

[QUOTE=NBR;2294975]i swear anyone who pays that for a fricking parking space should be shot. lol

even if i was sick rich i just could not pay those prices for a fricking parking spot! , it’s insane. because you could get ALOT of better stuff for 300k… hell 300k would be like hitting the lottery for alot of people and could change peoples lives and all he gets is a fricking parking spot lol[/QUOTE]
Well the truth is that you can never ever really know what you would do if you had this kind of money - I mean people starving would probably consider you crazy for giving out 1000$ to get an HDTV while you can watch whatever you want with a 17’’ CRT TV of 35$. Spending 300k for a hard to find parking space might seem logical for someone making 5mil/year.

[QUOTE=Hemispasm;2294997]Well the truth is that you can never ever really know what you would do if you had this kind of money - I mean people starving would probably consider you crazy for giving out 1000$ to get an HDTV while you can watch whatever you want with a 17’’ CRT TV of 35$. Spending 300k for a hard to find parking space might seem logical for someone making 5mil/year.[/QUOTE]

hell, i never looked at it that way but that’s a good point :wink: , but then again vast majority of people ain’t close dirt poor, right? …and only a small percentage are sick rich like that so obviously the majority of people will think it’s messed up… but either way, good point :wink: … i guess i just would feel guilty thought dumping 300k on a ‘parking spot’ knowing average joe’s could live off that for a long time and all your getting is a ‘parking spot’ lol… u guess people THAT RICH just cant appreciate the value of a dollar, which is a bad thing.

but i guess if i was sick rich and pretty much had everything you wanted (which im guessing this guy does if he’s dropping 300k on a parking spot)… eventually you would probably start blowing your money on stupid stuff like this since you would be looking at the benefits and not prices when your on that level. :wink:

[QUOTE=NBR;2295033]…but i guess if i was sick rich and pretty much had everything you wanted (which im guessing this guy does if he’s dropping 300k on a parking spot)… eventually you would probably start blowing your money on stupid stuff like this since you would be looking at the benefits and not prices when your on that level. ;)[/QUOTE]Exactly :iagree: