Sohw 832s firmware vs08 or vs0A

Hi everyone…i’m very new to this and i have a liteon sohw832s. and i updated the firmware from VS08 to VS0A and i’m making more coasters now…I made some personal backups of dvd movies and the picture freezes sometimes at the middle and end of the movie…Witch firmware is better the vs08 or the vs0a???ot choud i go back to vs04??
I have a sony dru500a and i’m getting no coasters with this writer…maybe my liteon writer is defect???I dont know i bought it because everyone always said that liteon burners wher good and that the sony 700a infact is a liteon sowh 832s…Please help…

is this same media burned using vs08 fw or different media. those damn liteon drives do take some time to adjust and learn. perhaps you should do a few burns on dvd+rw media so you wont loose any more of your media.

Yes it is the same media…Burnd with both firmwares…i get coasters with both …But more with the VS0A…
Dont know what to do ,maybe the writer is defectthis will be defenetly my first and last LITEON… I think i’m going to a NEC 2510.

It would help if you could post the exact media code as well as a KProbe2 scan.

ok here is a picture of KRrobe 2 scan of 1 a princo dvd-r 4 speed disk .The other one is a Platinum dvd+r disk 8 speed.
and one with a sentinel dvd+rw 4 speed disk.all of them burn fine in my Sony dru 500a.
Thanks.

Hi everyone…another thing happend while burning a dvd with the Liteon sowh 832S i burned another Princo 4 speed DVD-R disk and now i have a ring on the burnd surface…Strange thing i never seen this happen with my sony dru 500a…I really think my drive is broken ,but it is only month old…I never buy another Liteon drive again…

Methinks, you should never have bought Princo.

Yah, Princo is :Z. Actually, more accurately, Princo is :confused:. Some batches are great. Some (a lot) are total crap. Sometimes, this variation isn’t batch-to-batch, but disc to disc. Princo is generally a media type to avoid.

Also, it is best if you scan at 4x speed instead of Max.

Okay but i’m not getting these things only with Princo dvd also with Platinums and Sentinals.Just burnd another dvd A Platinum DVD+r and the movie plays fine just at the end of the movie a get again allot of freezing pictures and the movie just stops…
What can i do ?? Is this drive defect or not?? Or coud i go back to firmware Vs04.If i have to return back this drive how can i make sure that they dont find out i used a hackd firmware??Did this hackd firmware change the original eeprom??

Please i need help to deside if my liteon is defect or not…Okay but i’m not getting these things only with Princo dvd also with Platinums and Sentinals.Just burnd another dvd A Platinum DVD+r and the movie plays fine just at the end of the movie a get again allot of freezing pictures and the movie just stops…
What can i do ?? Is this drive defect or not?? Or coud i go back to firmware Vs04.If i have to return back this drive how can i make sure that they dont find out i used a hackd firmware??Did this hackd firmware change the original eeprom??
Thank you all…

Hi

I also have problems whith PRINCO’s but I have found a solution for my one speed batch of princo’s.
Every time I patch a new firmware (Omnipatcher) I alter the writing strategi to use “PRODISCG02 /50 -R” instead of the original “PRINGO /50 -R”.
Now I get af perfectly usable disc instead of a coaster.
Perhaps you can use “PRODISCS03 /52 -R” or “PRODISCS04 /52 -R” instead of
“PRINCO /52 -R” and get the same results.

I own a 812S@832S and at the moment I use the VS0A firmware.

I’m glad that I’ve burnt successfully my first DVD+R DL using CopyToDVD.

Hi jbt_dk …
I dont have only problems with the princo dvd-r 4 speed …i also have problems with platinums and sentinals…So i dont know if my liteon 832s is defect or not …Every backup that i make of a movie i get freezing points in the middle and specialy at the end…If i burn them with my old dru500a they work perfect…I just returnd back to the VS08 firmware and i flashd the original eeprom again…
If it is defect how can i make sure that liteon dont find out that i used a hacked firmware ?? the writer is only 1 month old…

Thank you everyone…

Tony_ca1 said:

If it is defect how can i make sure that liteon dont find out that i used a hacked firmware ?? the writer is only 1 month old…

I think that the accepted wisdom here is that " YOU DON’T "
You use hacked firmware ‘at your own risk’.

Try some good quality media first.

Princo is crap media, simple as that. They have no quality control and discs can vary in quality from average, to bad, to (quite often) unreadible. Liteon drives in particular do not like this media.

@Tony_ca1

hehehehe; dont stresss man; take a deep breathe; pick up your princos and throw them at the person that sold them to you saying ‘these discs are great, i never had a problem’ reading posts will tell you that infact the VSO8/A firmware is shiat for reading discs; so dont trust kprobe with all you heart!

what i suggest before you burst into tears; is thank god you brought a liteon; because these drives are indestructable; i am pretty sure your drive is fine; flash back to an original firmware and take it from there; liteons have there own little personallitys so dont get too worried! i cant get a good read for the life of me ON ANY new firmware; so dont worry about that; i am concerned about your dvd player though!!! what type is it?

buy some dvd+r’s, booktype it to DVD-ROM and sould get a perfect play!! its is a well know fact the +r’s work better in liteon drives; good luck

steve

“Time to adjust and learn”… Oh, come on! That is like rumors awhile ago saying “New drivers fried my Radeon” or “Nvidia’s Dolby Digital encoding makes better sound quality” :bigsmile:
Or maybe there is a selfadjusting neuralnet processor inside LiteOn’s burners :wink:

steveo_wright.

Hi …i just wanted to tell you that i dont get that freezing picture only with princo dvd-r 4 speed but also platinums DVD+r 8 speeds and sentinels DVD+r 4 speeds.
My stand allone DVD player isa sony and i’m sure that isfine because all the dis i write with my sony dru500a play perfectly…
Thanks again for all your help…I’m going to flah it back to the original VS04 firmware if i can because at the liteon site they that you cant flash back wit the firmware…
But if i can and the drive is defect can i send it back and ask for a new one??

you can certainally flash back to vso4!, simpley get the firmware from dada http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html, (these guys know what there doing!) , use the omnipatcher and away you go, do it this way is 10x better because you can modifiy crap media speeds and stuff!!! good luck

steve

steveo_wright.

I flasht the firmware back to VS04 with the omnipatcher…burnd a movie on a platinum dvd+r 8speed…burnd it at 4 speed still the same thing freezing pictures start at the middle of the movie and to the end it freezes constantly…I’m going to send this drive back .
I’m sick of this…no more liteon for me…