SOHW-812S Mixed results

First of all a big thanks to COdeKing and all his great work with Omnipatcher and patches. I have a weird problem that perhaps somebody could shed some light on. I have an SOHW-812S. I have used both the US0Q firmware & CG3B 812S-832S with Omnipatcher 1.3.12 and Tweaks 2-11. The only change I have made is to add Auto Bitsetting. I am using Prodisc PRO3 8X + media. Everytime I do the first burn, I get incredible results. Very, very low PIF and PI errors and I think, this is it! I’m never gonna have to flash my drive again. But, then I do the burn a second time right after and the PI and PIF errors go up incredibly. Still within boundaries of a good burn, but up 6-8X worse. This only happens on the second burn of a new flash. The first burn always good the second burn, always much worse. Am I doing something wrong? Could it be the media? Perhaps somebody could tell me which settings & firmware to use to get best results? Sorry I can’t post any pictures at the moment as my saved screen shots are at home. Any help would be appreciated.

this is the learning behaviour of the liteon…when you flash with a new firmware the first result is usualy the same as the one before.then becuase its a new firmware the liteon tries to learn how to use the media strat for different speeds at different sectors of the disk…ie the outer rim is burnt different to the inner and so on…
the quickest way i have found to get around this is to flash with a firmware then write a multisession dvd…write 4 files approx 250 meg at 2x. then another 4 files same size at 4x. then a 1 gig file at 4x and another 1 gig file at either 8x if its supported in media or 4x again…
then try a full dvd and scan in kprobe at 4x…
this way you only waste 1 dvd per flash or write strat…
there are many threads relating to this learning behaviour and to be honest everyone has started to know that it learns…the trick is how…theres many tests going on at the moment many of which can be viewed in other threads…
but expect burn 2 - 4 to be pretty bad lol…
as for firmware if your using + disks then stick to codekings quality firmware

Thanks for the information. I will give that a try. If I use the CG3B firmware provided by C0deKing do I need to change anything other than autobitsetting? Do you know of the best writing strategy for ProDisc R03?

Thanks again. :slight_smile: