SOHW-812S Burning Issues

vbimport

Hey guys, I’ve had my Lite-On SOHW-812S for about two years now and everything worked fine till a week or so ago. When I go to burn a CD or DVD using Nero 6 (I’ve also tried DVDShrink), the disc will burn (meaning I can see that the drive has physically written onto the face of the disc), but the disc will not be readable by any player. I’ve tried to get the discs to read in 7 differnt drives with no luck. Also, I know the media is not the problem. I borrowed some media from a couple different friends and all four DVD discs (each a different brand) did the exact same thing. The funny thing is though, any DVD or CD that I’ve burned with this drive a month or so ago, and any retail disc I put in, reads just fine. This is really what confused me the most. If the drive had trouble reading all discs, I would’ve realized it was going bad. But, like I said it still reads discs, so I don’t think that’s what is happening.

Like I said, I purchassed this drive two years ago and when I called Lite-On, other than telling me new firmware has been realsed, they said there was nothing they could do, due to the warranty having been expired.  Anyways, so I eventually got fed up and bought a new drive (NEC this time) and everything works fine.  I was browsing through this forum and I say a couple posts with similar problems, but none that were the exact same.  I would like to be able to use this Lite-On drive still if at all possible (I'm sure my brother would love it in his comp).  If you all have any ideas as to what may be causing this and possible solutions it would be greatly appreciated.

@ Bert165
Welcome :). You can check your burn results with Kprobe 2.4.2 BLER scans(scanned at 4x scan speed the forum standard for comparison). You can read Interpreting PI/PO error scans to find out what these graphs mean. PI/PO is now referred to as PI/PIF. Roughly, PImax<280; PIFmax<4. Attaching disc quality scans to your post of the offending discs will help us help you.