Our DVD Drive, which is the same in both computer’s, is no longer able to read DVD’s in the troubled computer. After testing the drive several times, we have found that the DVD Drive is now only able to read CD’s, but not DVD’s. Checking the BIOS and troubleshooting the DVD-Drive didn’t turn up anything. Putting any dvd into the drive, gives us a blank sceen when we open the drive in the “My Computer” menu.
I have checked for firmware updates, but the ones i found did not change a thing.
Can anyone recommend a solution?
The following is a description of our computer setup (the other identical one never gave us any trouble):
Customized (no manufacturer, i.e. Dell, Gateway)
- 2 Hard Drivers (each 250 GB, for a total of 500 GB)
- 4-512 DDR 400 MHZ PC3200 Kingston
- Intel P4 3.2E (1M) 800 MHZ
- ATX M1H-7103H Blue w500W Case
- ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe MBOARd
- P. Color ATI Radeon 9800-256 MB
- On Board Sound
- On Board Network
- Liteon-1633-16x Double Layer (Beigebox)